• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How to overclock x1800xt??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

meionm

I don't know how to overclock that card, not really but I can't. I used riva tuner which does not work, ati tool says that overclocking is disabled. The only thing that works is ati overdrive but it reach limited and does not let go beyond limit. How to overclock?

first off, disable overdrive, theres a sticky that tells you how. I got the same message with ati tray tools, and someone told me it was because the designer didnt have any x1k series cards to test it on, so he disabled the support. why dont you try atitool? it works for me.

I disabled ati over drive, riva tunder and ati tray tools don't work. Power strip even if I clock gfx at the same clock as with ati overdrive, it will artifact.

Did you follow the "READ ME FIRST before you overclock your x1K cards" sticky? It seems there are several services that need to be turned off before overclocking can really begin.

I haven't done it myself yet (card will be installed Friday) so this is just a shot in the dark.

freakdiablo said:
try atitool. ATi tray tools wont work with X1k cards.
Ray Adams has released a new version of ATiTrayTools that does support overclocking the x1k series cards... haven't checked it out yet though. The guru3d site seems to be down right now, will come back latazz with the linky.

Alternatively, this guide is pretty good for using ATiTool for OCing the x1800/x1900 series cards.

EDIT: You can read the discussion and d/l the new version of ATiTrayTools here

Last edited:
Back