• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is there a still hope for me ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Melhisedek

CG7 won't even boot!

HI there fellows!
Need help really badly !

I bought myself a new IC7 and P4 2.6c with some RAM and set it up. It wasn't a great o/c so I thought of flashing a BIOS to improve on stability perhaps.

Well you know the rest... Something went wrong.

First thing I didn't set my old BIOS to defaults before... Flashing past like a charm, no problems no errors nothing. It flashed it great. I read on ABIT homepage that you should clear the CMOS after you flash BIOS. So after a reboot I held the power button for 5 sec to turn off the computer.

I cleared the CMOS turned my comp on...

Everything is turning on, fans, CD-Drives, Harddrive ( not floppy, I can't hear it or see the diod flash ), but my monitor stays black :(
and the diod on monitor is the one flashing ( like when you leave your comp for a 20 min and monitor goes black )

Then I tried something else:
I took out battery, all the ATX cables and waited for 2-3 min and put in battery and then cables
( didn't touch CMOS jumper )
but nothing happened =(

Comp doesn't respond to anything ( pressing buttons and stuff ) not even Ctrl+Alt+Del. You can open and close CD-drives ( didn't try putting any CD in them ).
After I hear HD work at the startup its diod will stay litted for a few minutes and first then it will turn off.

Well this is all. I sure hope someone can be able to help me put with something! I really am desperate right now =(

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks in advance!

P.S. I forgot to add that tere are no beeps at all.

Last edited:
sounds like a bad flash, or def bios chip.. if you can get it to semi boot try to flash it again. if not you may want to call abit support cause u may have to get them to send u a new bios chip. goodluck flapperhead

Un-plug the box from power. Reset CMOS for 5 min. Put CMOS jumper back. Connect back to power & start.

If that didn't 'get it', reflash CMOS and when it says update complete, press F1 to re-start, instead kill power here (NOT at anytime before it says flashing is COMPLETE). By the switch or un-plug and reset CMOS again as described above.

This is what I do and have great results..... ;)

Back