• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hose sizes

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

KKAT

I have three pumps in mind for my wc set up. The first two are the MAG 3 and MAG 5 pumps. The last one is the Eheim 1250 (oh the price we pay for german engineering). I'm not sure what sizes to use for the pumps, as I'm a complete noob to this whole wc thing. I heard that a 5/8" intake and 1/2" outlet was pretty good. One question though, are these sizes in OD or ID. OD is outer diameter and ID is inner diameter right? I want to avoid restricting the system as much as possible. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I forgot to add that I would be using a DTek radiator and a White Water Block.

KKAT,

Hey... you made me stutter. ;)

"OD is outer diameter and ID is inner diameter right?" Correct. In this forum folks are almost always talking ID, at least that is my experience.

In the grand scheme of things, less resctriction is good. A larger ID input barb is better, but most likely this only makes a big difference if the tubing attached to it is the same ID.

I use 5/8" barbs on both input and output just because they came with my Via Aqua 1300 pump. My tubing is 1/2ID Clearflex, so it is literally a bit of a stretch to get the tubing on the barbs.

Not sure if that helps, but there you go.

Back