• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

360: Podcasts and More

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rainless

Old Member
Things to do on Xbox when you're dead:

Playing around with Media Center on the 360 and I discovered (HOLY SH**!) you can play podcasts in media center. You can add our own podcasts, watch comedy central for free, and do a hell of a lot of other stuff I wouldn't have otherwise considered. I know with transcode you can play all the media files... but I was unaware there was any way to play podcasts on the 360.

podcasts are generally just mp3s and the 360 will stream mp3s. Not all of the comedy central downloads are free, they dangle an episode here and there to try to entice you to buy.

FudgeNuggets said:
podcasts are generally just mp3s and the 360 will stream mp3s. Not all of the comedy central downloads are free, they dangle an episode here and there to try to entice you to buy.

Well what got me is it that they WEREN'T downloads at all... it was actually STREAMING the video from Comedy Central. I didn't think the 360 streamed video unless it was coming from a networked PC. Certainly nothing, yet, on Xbox live is streamed.

Back