• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

x800 pro & xt specs & benchies w00t

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

$anch3z

just found this link looks very close between nvidia and ati but once again looks like another great year for ATI w00t:D

info can be found HERE

looks as if the pro version overclocks nicely:D

the x800 pro looks to be the better buck. 16 pipes doesnt seem to be that much better than 12 cause of cpu bottleneck and the fill rate is already crazy high on both cards

Overclocker550 said:
the x800 pro looks to be the better buck. 16 pipes doesnt seem to be that much better than 12 cause of cpu bottleneck and the fill rate is already crazy high on both cards

Yea, if there's any card i'd get of this generation, so far it'd probably be an X800PRO.

I like full-featured but slower clocked cards much better. I read that it is unlikely that the 4 pipelines can be reactivated, so that does clip the Pro's wings if it is true. CPU power is always steadily increasing, and it's good to have a card that can use it (i.e. full # of pipelines).

NVidia's approach with the 6800 GT is the most desireable IMO. It looks like the Ati's are faster though, so what about a X800 XT Vanilla Edition according to this recipe? ;)

I think for the ATI line of cards, it will be very much like the current situation. Where as the XT cards DO exist, they wont be sold to overclockers as much. But the general joe gettin an alienware or other pre-build computer will maybe buy the xt's over the pros. We shall see.

The thing that bugs me about all this (and, is good marketing imo) is the fact that between the pro and the xt, there is a difference of 4 pipelines. Now, if you're looking for the greatest performance, no matter the OC, wouldn't that mean the XT will always be the best? I don't know about the rest of you, but if I had the $$ to afford either of those cards, I'd get the XT, but there is an extremely good thing coming out of this besides new high-end cards; the current 9800 xts and pros should drop in price considerably :)

Back