• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

anyone have a pic of your core with AS2 applied??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

1eyedjak

Ok. I have removed my heatsinks many times but was curious to know how much Arctic Silver you guys were using on your core.

Never have been sure If I had too much on it. even though it seemed pretty thin.

any pics?/

Mike

Artic Silver should have it on their site.

But heres what I do I push the tube with the little strengh take a blade take 1/4 of a grain of rice and put it on the core and take until I fill the core with the thinest layer and then I try to smooth it out.

After that I start rubbing the heatsink with a clear bag.

And I put it on.

You should be using like a grain of rice.

first application I use just enough to cover the core with a silver layer, one the core has been fitted and removed that's squeezed to a translucent haze, there is almost no surplus AS2 around my cores after fitting.

That layer of ASII on the Celeron is thicker than what you would put on an Athlon. Agree or disagree?

I had better results with a thinner layer (when using an SK-6).

nil_esh said:
That layer of ASII on the Celeron is thicker than what you would put on an Athlon. Agree or disagree?

I had better results with a thinner layer (when using an SK-6).
I actually got those pics from their site but you got a point there. It is a bit thick. I use a plastic bag on my finger to spread the thinnest amount os ASII on my core.

Back