• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

quick opinion on cad/art software

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

brothernod

I'm hopefully gonna be designing an acrylic case in the next few months.

what software would you reccomend I use during the design process??

If your not really into cad an inexpensive software and quicker to understand is quick cad. It's a auto cad program. Under 80.00 at staples.

does it do 3d??

I'm kinda lookin for something not so on the complicated side.

umm, I have a friend who does art, so I think he has a couple of the popular programs, and they got autocad at work, so i'm not tooo tooo concerned with price, unless it's an odd one.

I've been using Rhino3D but would like to have something that will allow me to input specific measurements than just drawing with my mouse. So if anybody knows please post here.

You could do it with illustrator but it's no cheap date.Quick cad is buy autodesk which is the same as autocad.I have both versions and for drawing something simple like a comp case i think quickcad would do. I also have mastercam which we just purchased(over $7,000)But am still learning it .It has solids and cam so it's really good.

I found a friend with access to autocad 2002 from work.

How hard is it?? Know of any tutorials??
Is what I'm trying to do gonna be hard to cad out you think??

Aauto cad 2002 should include a tutorial with it .I've used 2000,it's not to hard to learn in 2D ,which you should be able to design your case in.Maybe your friend can give you some basics? Good luck with project.

he doesn't work in the art dep. which is where he got it from

no biggie though, I'll wing it :D

Back