• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ibuypower or cyberpowerpc???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Greek Mofo

Registered
ive configured pc from both websites and cyberpowerpc was about $150 cheaper but some of my friends said that ibuypower is much more reliable. Can anyone give me any advice on which company i should choose? i would buld one myself but my ultra paranoid parents are making me get a prebuilt

www.resellerratings.com is a great tool for getting info on companies. it looks like ibuypower is a better bet, it has a rating of 9.42, compared to cyberpowerpcs 6.60. companies that have lower than average prices usually are not very reliable. the quality control is horrible, and customer service is a nightmare. if i were you, i'd go with ibuypower, simply b/c a complete pc is not something i would risk buying from an irreputable reseller.

I bought a PC from Cyberpower about a year and a half ago. Had no problems fast shipping and it was well assembled. They ziptied all the wires and even routed all the fan lines around the side of the case. That system is still running great never had any problems, however, when i purchased their resellerrating was a bit higher. Good Luck!

I researched both of these companies before I decided to build my own. Cyberpower has a real crappy rating with www.resellerratings.com but ibuypower has a pretty good one. But upon further research I find that ibuypower has some not so good complaints filed with the Better Business Bureau . My opinion is beware with either.

Monstermile said:
I researched both of these companies before I decided to build my own.

He's right. There must be some way to convince the 'rents' that it would be very educational to build your own. Not to mention save a few bucks.

ptwearnhardtfan said:

He's right. There must be some way to convince the 'rents' that it would be very educational to build your own. Not to mention save a few bucks.

Exactly. Show your parents this from www.mwave.com

They'll assemble, test and warranty a motherboard combo for you. Most times the problems you'll run into with a new build are with the mobo, cpu or memory.

Last edited:
Hello all just registered and this is my first post.

Any way, I just ordered a PC from cyberpower Friday. I checked the BBB web page and they only had a few complaints, I figured every company would have at least one or two complaints. But after reading what some people on here are saying I am beginning to get a little worried. Please tell me there are some people on here with some good experiences with cyberpower.

Back