• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New cpu for Dapman

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
If the opteron is a an F3 go for that or the 4200+, i'd go the 4200+ as it's getting 3g+ at stock volts.

Well, I would recommend the Opteron. I could never hit 3.0GHz with my 4000+ Brisbane, but I can with stock voltage on my Opteron 1212. I would actually recommend the 1210HE though, since its 65W vs. the 103W of the regular 1210. It should save some power and maybe be a bit cooler.

Also note that the Opteron has more L2 Cache.

sorry about those other stupid posts, I accidentally left my webpage up while I went somewhere and my stupid roommates messed with my computer

The Opty's should do 3.0GHz on stock voltage as well. It depends on if you want a cpu with more cache or cooler operating temperature.

I don't know the exact ratio, but yes, the extra cache does help a bit. I used to have a 3600+ Brisbane that I had stable at 2.8GHz. When I got my Opty, I ran Superpi at 2.8GHz and it had the Brisbane beat by a second or two. I haven't been able to get my Opty past 3.0GHz, but it is an older revision. The new revisions should be able to hit 3.1 or 3.2.

I tried both in sandra was no difference but when I tested them in games the 10X270 windsor with rams running at 540 was about equal to the 11X270 (3G) Brisbane rams at 500.
The windsor had ram advantage in minimum and avarage FPS the two equaled but in max the winsor was still faster, which doesn't matter at all whether Company of heroes does 220 or 250 as max FPS.
G2 brisbane and F3 windsors Oc to about the same so the rest is up to you whether that 10% worth the difference in price, in my opinion if it matters you should rather go with Intel.

If you get the 9500 you will have to worry about the TLB erratum that will affect stability and/or performance. I would go with the 9550, or the 9750/9850 if you can fork out the cash for it.

Back