• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My 1600+ on the way, anything I should know?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Feuerkampf

Yay my Newegg 1600+ is on the way! :)

Pretty much I am planning on overclocking the buggery out of it and was just curious to know if any of you 1600+ veterans out there had any pressing knowledge you could impart....Any useful information is welcome :) I have been doing a lot of reading on the forum as of late but you can never have to much advice methinks :)

Congrats and good luck!

Hope for agoia y.

If you have a good mobo and psu you should be able to hit 1.7ghz with ease.
Add good cooling (High-Perf. air or water) and 1.8 will be a piece of cake.
Good ram and a good psu and 2ghz may be within reach!

Watch temps and 5v line.

check the stepping before you slap the hsf on. if you get an agoia/aroia.... whooooooohooooooo!

just an example, check my sig. i've got pc2100, a 250w psu (yeah yeah, hahahaha i know but im broke:( )

and i'm sitting here at 166X11.5 for 1910!!!

Hey thanks guys,

I'm hoping for an AGOIA Y but I have heard that lately people have been getting AGOIA Z's from new egg and they arent so great.

I'm hoping to make 1.7ghz, Juliendogg's post fills me with some hope ;)

I have 300W PSU, Powerman which is a rebadged Sparkle isn't it?

What exactly is the 5v line? and why should I watch it??

unless you have a AGOIA Z, you WILL get 1.7 on ANY AROIA or AGOIA.

Now, do not go and get excited saying i am gonna get 2ghz etc etc.... thats what i did and got pretty upset when the thing would only do 1790mhz w/ 1.95v

My understanding is that 2ghz is really only possible with water cooling correct? I'm hoping for 1700, if I get more great, mind you a 300mhz overclock is nothing to complain about :), not for 51.99 anyway :D

Back