• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My New OCZ Memory Made In 1999?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Krome

I just upgraded my Corsair "Value" PC3200 to OCZ "performance" PC3200. When I ran SiSoft Sandra, it's telling me that my OCZ was manufactured on 25 December 1999, can that be correct?

I was also able to achieve a higher FSB with the Corsair [185 fsb], and only 181 with the OCZ. Could it be since I got some old memory???

I bought it from newegg last week.

Hmm, I don't even think such modules were even manufactured @ that time. I guess it's probably sandra doing something wrong.

dan

Oh okay, I figured as much. I wonder why it doesn't go as high [fsb] as the corsair "value" I thought I was upgrading??????

if this is ddr400 and your only getting 181 instead of the guarenteed 200 you could have gotten a lemon. RMA it and try again

Krome I know for a fact we have no memory that old being sold today. I didn't even know we marked dates on the sticks so it may just be a default date our SPD machine puts in for ever stick. Have you tried disabling CPC on you board? That should get you more speed.

n0aH said:
if this is ddr400 and your only getting 181 instead of the guarenteed 200 you could have gotten a lemon. RMA it and try again

I think it's my mobo thats keeping me from reaching any higher. Anybody have any experience w/ the asrock k7s41gx and ocz 3200?

SteveOCZ said:
You're correct that the board is the problem here. Because of the NF2 chipset the board has overclocking with anything but 256MB sticks will be hard. If you have the option to disable CPC (CMD rate) try that.

Thanks for the info SteveOCZ. I don't see either of those options in my BIOS [vers 2.0]. Any other suggestions?

Krome said:
Thanks for the info SteveOCZ. I don't see either of those options in my BIOS [vers 2.0]. Any other suggestions?

With you already running at or close to 2.4GHz on that AXP chip, I don't see a whole lot more headroom in your rig. Even if you replace the mobo with an NF7-S or a DFI Infinity that allows the option to disable CPC through BIOS, I believe that the most you are going to pick up is a few more MHz before you top out your CPU (unless you move to more extreme cooling). Granted, keeping the same 2.4GHz or so, with an increase in FSB and a decrease in multiplier, would result in improved performance but I don't believe it would be so noticeable as to make you jump out of your chair...benchmarks will pick up on it, but you may not.

Just try to run the fastest timings possible and save your $$$ for the next upgrade.

Last edited:
Back