• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Recommend-- A good priced beginners Blackberry.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Angry

Hey guys whats up? Its been awhile since Ive been around.
But since all the techno savy dudes hang here I thought this might be the best place to ask.

My girlfriend needs a new phone, she has a cheap Nokia from Cellularone/Dodson. While the service is great in her area, the phone itself kinda sucks. CellularOne uses the SIM cards so any new phone she gets would need to use one. Im even not sure if Blackberrys even take SIM cards. But she either wants a really good Razr or a Blackberry. I recently had to activate a Palm Treo 600 of mine that I got in a deal after losing my favorite samsung. Ive started to really enjoy it and well the girlfriend is envyous lol. I plan to upgrade later even, but I want to get her something good as we do a TON of txt and pictures to each other.

So, can anyone recommend me a good blackberry to pick up? I dont have ALOT to spend, but Im definily willing to pick up something good for her. Shes also a nurse at a doctors office that deals with appointment schedules. And it would be nice if it took to the internet well.

:edit:
Also, do any Blackberrys have expandable memory, say like SD cards?

Thanks! Later...

Last edited:
My g/f has a Pearl and I have a Curve and yes, they both take SIM cards, and they both take MicroSD (even high capacity)

I would recommend the Curve mainly because it has a full keyboard, also a larger screen which makes watching videos very nice.

We actually got her Pearl from walmart. They had a deal where if you sign up for a 2 year deal AND the blackberry data plan, you got the phone for $18.88. Without committing to the data plan it was like $48 or so. But since we wanted the data plan anyway, it was a good deal.
I got my Curve on At&T's website, it was a refurb for $29.99 (It looked brand new, even had the film on it. Refurbs are usually just a technicality because they can't sell it as new even though they have made sure it works and looks as new). Or they had a deal for a new one for like $50.

This is for AT&T, so I don't know if you can get the on CellularOne or not. But the BB's are real nice just because of all the software available for them.

Just looked at AT&T's webiste, the Curve refurbs are free...the new ones are $149 I believe.
:shrug:

Back