• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PC didn't shut down right, got a .NET corrupted error, need help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MorePower!

My computer shut down accidentally when I moved the power strip while cleaning. It didn't properly shut down. When I turned it back on, I got an error saying that "An error has occurred while attempting to load a Microsoft .Net configuration file. This is often an indication of a corrupted .Net installation. We recommend visiting the Microsoft Download Center to repair your .Net installation. Would you like to go there now?"

Before and during this message being present, my internet wouldn't work. I clicked yes to go do the repair. My internet started working again. I DLed and ran the .Net 4.0 installer and chose "repair" as the option. It went through the process and I restarted. Still got the first error message when my PC powered up. So now I downloaded the WindowsInstaller-KB893803-v2-x86.exe and also the .Net 3.5 setup and ran it and I got another error message saying "You must use "Turn Windows features on or off" in the Control Panel to install or configure Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1."

So I went to that area and found the check box point with Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5.1 (the box to the left of this is filled with a blue square) and when I expand that I get "Windows Communication foundation HTTP Activation" and then on the next line "Windows Communication Foundation Non-HTTP Activation". Neither of these 2 check boxes were checked off.

How should I configure these check boxes or anything else to get my .NET framework working right?

EDIT: I just restarted my computer and noticed that the first error message mentioned in my post was from a particular piece of software (curse client for world of warcraft addons) but it still mentioned a .Net corruption.

Last edited:
Back