• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Games like final fantasy tactics...shining force..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

attack

Are there any newer games out like these? i.e. you have a party of characters and do turn/round based combat which is the sole purpose of the game? i.e. searching for this item or that isn't important and you don't need to follow the story?

xbox or PS2...or PC, no 360 games.

ajrettke said:
Are there any newer games out like these? i.e. you have a party of characters and do turn/round based combat which is the sole purpose of the game? i.e. searching for this item or that isn't important and you don't need to follow the story?

xbox or PS2...or PC, no 360 games.

Shining force 4 came out awhile ago on PS2; never bought it though.

Might want to check out Front Mission 4. Only downside I found was that the gameplay was slow, yet the story went by quickly.

I miss the good ole turn-based RPGs where I actually could control what my party did, unlike Star Ocean: Till the End of Time.

disgaea: hour of darkness, suikoden tactics. both ps2 games, both pretty good.

The "tactic ogre" games (on nes,snes and GBA tho) are of the same kind. fire emblems game (on the same consoles) are really similar too. I know they're not on your console lists... but yeah. :shrug: who knows there might be some ways, but if there is, i could not tell you because it'll be BAD.

They are also pretty old (gba ones are nice tho), but they are loads and loads of fun.

How could you not follow the story in FF Tactics, its one of the best ones ever. I may have to go play with TG Cid tonight.

Front mission fits your description for sure.

Disgaea 2 is supposed to be coming out for PS2...sometime....

Disgaea:Hour of Darkness is an great game. Good luck tryin to find it new though :)

Ring of Red came out around when the PS2 released, it's turn-based stategy as well. Was pretty decent I thought.

Back