• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

After MC462 install: less OC?!?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

fluxcapacitor

Registered
This one really not only has me dumbfounded, but pissed. I finally got my MC462, but upon re-powering my system afte installing, I cannot run my 800 T Bird at 10x100. BSOD's, Windows protection errors, lockups, all the usual OC stuff. At first, all of the settings were exactly where I left them. But then I tried lowering voltage, upping voltage, changing VIO voltage, everything. I'm 99% positive nothing got scratched or anything. The only thing I can think of is that when I cleaned the CPU, I must've eroded [slightly, I can run at 9.5x100 fine] the conductive ink off the L1's. Is that possible, to slightly take away their effect, so I could run 9.5x100, but not 10x100? Or can a proc just 'give up' on OCing? Any help here really appreciated...

fluxcapacitor (Apr 10, 2001 11:42 p.m.):
This one really not only has me dumbfounded, but pissed. I finally got my MC462, but upon re-powering my system afte installing, I cannot run my 800 T Bird at 10x100. BSOD's, Windows protection errors, lockups, all the usual OC stuff. At first, all of the settings were exactly where I left them. But then I tried lowering voltage, upping voltage, changing VIO voltage, everything. I'm 99% positive nothing got scratched or anything. The only thing I can think of is that when I cleaned the CPU, I must've eroded [slightly, I can run at 9.5x100 fine] the conductive ink off the L1's. Is that possible, to slightly take away their effect, so I could run 9.5x100, but not 10x100? Or can a proc just 'give up' on OCing? Any help here really appreciated...

I would guess that when you cleaned the cpu what ever you were using to clean it came in contact with the ink cuasing it to lose some of its cunductivness. I would redo the bridges and see if that fixes the problem.

Back