• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My multipliers are screwy

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dave65

When I set my multipliers on 10 or 10.5 it shows 9.5,but the rest work fine,any ideas?
It is unlocked and never has been any problems always worked fine,did I burn up my CPU?:(

unlocked?

Sounds like one of the L1's is no longer making a good connection. Start again if you want those mults.

Well I redid it and everything is working except the 10 multiplier..\
but I found one of the pads on my CPU seems to be falling apart,is there a quick fix for this:confused:

hmmm

Maybe a jeweler could do some micro-soldering for ya. A dab of silver trace paint might work as well.

Im talkng about thelittle foam tab on each corner of the CPU.
In fact that was the problem one closest to the L1 was worn so bad I thing the heat sink may have been close enough to short it out,but anyway it seems to be ok now,I want to thank you guys again for the help,were would I be with out you guys...
Id be throwing a lot of ruined parts in the trash most likely:D
Thanks guys;)

i think super glue would work fine.. or just tape it back.. ive seen in a thg video and they taped their little pad back on in the unlocking a XP video..

or i think u might be able to take all 4 off and buy a shim.. but dont do this first as im not sure how it will work.. just a idea..

Back