• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

video card casing good or bad?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tiesto1337

Registered
I have multiple fans on my video card but i think the plastic shell may be interfering with my cooling but i am not 100% sure on how they make these things so does anyone have any input on the subject!?!?!??!

Usually the shell is there to ensure cool air is sucked across the card, cooling other components in addition to the GPU die.

However, I'm not sure what you are asking exactly.

you pretty much answered it but i got two faster fans in a pci slot aiming at it and they are the width of the card so i wanted to remove the shell so it would cool the whole card better if that makes sense

Someone with more familiarity with the cooler may need to pipe in - not sure if the housing also acts as a heatsink, which could be important for increasing the surface area so other components on the board can dissipate heat. Just airflow may be insufficient.

Can you provide a picture of your video card or even a link to your exact card. There are so many variations of GPU coolers it is hard to give you a solid answer with out more information.

Back