• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How do i get of rid of false cd drive in my computer

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
What operating system? Tweakui can hide false drive icons. You can download it from the evil empire.

AK35GT2-WIN98SE-256 MEM-1700 TBRED
It may be a ram drive. how do I get rid of it? thanks in advance11:confused: :confused: :confused:

:confused: :confused: :confused: we are just as confused as you are (we need more input ;) )

sorry about confusion. when i open my computer icon i get drives a,,c,,d,e,f,g . a,c,d,f,g are my usable ones. when i try to access e all i get is not ready. dont no diff between virtual and ram drives. i think it is a ram drive but not sure. just changed boards in comp from ak31a to ak35gta. is this enough info???
dont no how to give u screen shot. :confused: :confused: :confused:

Press Print Screen, go to MSPaint and press CTRL-V to paste.

I had this problem when I upgraded my 16x CDRW to a 48x drive. Have you swapped a drive lately? I dont have a solution I am just hoping to bring out some more info.

I reinstalled windows.

EDIT: did you partition your HD in a weird way?

dont have mspaint installed.
had drives installed on old board just switched boards installed 4-1,mainboard drivers and cmedia.

I just had the very same problem.....if you right-click on it and check it's properties, you'll find out what it is....

My extra CD-ROM drive was created by Nero as a SCSI CD-ROM device.....to remove, select "Do not use this device".....

Back