• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Microcenter's 1 CPU limit question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Janus67

Benching Team Leader
Is that 1 CPU per day/week/month/year/model/etc?

Anyone know the specific limitation to these?

what I will say from my expereince, is that on launch day- I dont think there would be time to come in and get one and walk out and back in for another.

on SB launch I got do Dallas MC at open went straight to cpu's and almost didnt get one. Your only hope would be to order at midnight- and get a confirmation, then go in the store at open and try to get one as a walkin-pay-then make a return for the one you pre ordered.

One per day, they have your details on their system so they can see when last you bought. You could have multiple alias' to get pass that if you are desperate

Per day. I was dinged when I used my information twice. Luckily my wife is in their system too.

Thanks guys, makes me wish I would have bought 2600ks when they were on sale :p

Hmm, I was told one CPU (regardless of model) per person per month.

Then again, it was the same manager who didn't let me stack a 2600k coupon with the z68 motherboard combo, so maybe she was a bit stricter.

it's one per day I beleive. I picked up a FX-8120 Crosshair V formula combo then next day picked up a 2600k+ ASRock Extreem4 z77 Combo and they didnt say anything..

it's one per day I beleive. I picked up a FX-8120 Crosshair V formula combo then next day picked up a 2600k+ ASRock Extreem4 z77 Combo and they didnt say anything..

Those are two different products though.

I just know a guy who works there and they know that i build comps for people so that rule dosent/ but does kinda does apply to me lol also dejo if you go to the dallas MC ask for a guy named chris in the pc components department he's pretty cool lol

I went back about a week after launch day to pick up a second 3770k (pre-ordered for in-store pick up after work) and the register threw a flag on my account saying 'check user address'. Fortunately it looks like the cashier didn't know what was going on and still gave me the sale price.

Back