• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD Athlon 64 3800+ advice

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Same

Hi let me start off by giving you my system specs:

AMD Athlon 64 3800+ (Venice Core)
DFI Infinity NF4 SLi mobo
1 x GeForce 7900GT
4 x 512MB DDR400 PC-3200 RAM
Vigor Monsoon TEC CPU Active Cooling System (Thermodynamics)

my CPU starts at 2.4GHZ, i recently overclocked it to 2.7GHZ
however, although it passes CPU Stability Tests i want to make sure with you guys who know what your doing that it wont break like next week

Unoverclocked:
CPU Temps Idle: 24-25C
CPU Temps Full Load: 29-30C
200MHz x 12 multiplier = 2.4GHZ
CPU Voltage: 1.42

Overclocked:
CPU Temps Idle: 25-27C
CPU Temps Full Load: 35-39
225MHz x 12 multiplier = 2.7GHZ
CPU Voltage: 1.59

i just wanted to make sure everything here is ok as ive never overclocked anything before LoL. Thanx for any help or warnings.

First off, :welcome: to the OCForums! We are glad to have you here!

You overclock looks great so far. The only thing that I could see possibly being an issue is the voltage. Can you back it down a little? Or does it need that much to be stable? Also, read the stickies in this section if you have not already. They contain some great information.

And no, you CPU will not break next week. :)

Ohh yeah i forgot to edit my post about the voltage. I saw that after i posted, lol. I wouldnt run it much more than that if i were you... Although, i ran mine at 1.6 for a while

Hi guys, thanks for the info and welcome :)

Also, i tried on lower voltage(1.475-1.550), and this is the least i could do to be stable, wil that be fine?

i tried on 1.475-1.550 before tho, and programs crashed / windows restarted usually

everything seems to be working well when CPU Voltage Control is set to 1.575 (CPU uses 1.59 voltage), but if i left the voltage on this high setting of 1.59 could it cause any problems in the future?

i decided to change stuff around

Now it only runs at 2640MHz (2.64GHz)

but im running it on default/stock VCore (1.42)

so the only thing that is overclocked / changed is my speed is now from 200 to 220, vcore, etc are the same.

OK my bad I though that was the X2, I can see where you would need to go to at least 1.50 to 1.525 to stabling it. Getting about 2.7 on a number of chips is tough. I've seen 2.7 on my Sandy but it takes a little wiggling to get it there.

Back