• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Who has an Antec Mini P180 case?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dja2k

Can anyone tell me what to look for in problems from using this case. Current proposed desktop is:

Antec mini P180 Black Case (Micro ATX)
Corsair 520 Watt PSU
DFI LP JR P45-T2RS LGA 775 Intel P45 Micro ATX
Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Wolfdale 3.0GHz 6MB L2 Cache LGA
XIGMATEK HDT-SD964 92mm Rifle CPU Cooler
XIGMATEK ACK-I7753 Retention Bracket
HIS Hightech H467QT512P Radeon HD 4670
OCZ Reaper HPC 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500)
Rosewill RCR-FD200 All-in-one USB 2.0 Black 3.5" Card Reader with 1.44MB Floppy Drive
2 DVD+R SATA Drives
2 SATA Hard Drives
1 TV Tuner Card

Also any one know why this Antec Mini p180 case overpriced on Newegg at $160 + shipping and buy.com has it for $95 shipped?

dja2k

Last edited:
I have placed the order for this case already, thanks! Any personal tricks to installing stuff on this case would be appreciated if shared.

dja2k

Last edited:
Can anyone tell me if its a better idea to put the extra front 120 mm fan on the top cage or bottom? After reading here and there that some 120 mm towers didn't clear this case, i found out some of them do, but ended up ordering an XIGMATEK HDT-SD964. Hope I don't regret going 92 mm instead of 120 mm.

dja2k

I have this case and a high end build. Few tips. If you use the HD Cage, you can not add a fan. So I removed the bottom cage and added a 120 for intake for the VGA area. I also made the bacl 120mm an intake duye to the huge 200x38mm top fan being an exhaust fan.With the 200mm fan, its causes enough flow for 2 WD 640's in the top cage that I do not need a fan blowing air over them. Next is any cooler will fit. The case fits Sunbeam Core Contact just fine with 0 issues. You may need to remove the back 120mm fan if you have a large cooler as its a bit of a pain to get the mobo in with the fan in place. Also remove the HD racks too. If you want to see pictures of my build I can snap a few off.

Thanks for the tips and any pictures are more than welcome.

That idea for the back fan is excellent. Using that to throw air directly to the XIGMATEK HDT-SD964 cpu heatsink that I am using and then having the top fan as throw it out.

dja2k

My cpu temps drooped 2-3C acrossed the board. I would use the the top cage. Because of the 200mm fan, there is plenty of airflow in the case. The cool air will flow to the memory and Northbridge Area.

So you saying:

Use the front top cage fan and the back fan both as intake?

or

Use the front bottom cage fan and the back fan both as intake?

My Ati 4670 has an Artic Cooling Silencer on it, so it will throw its hot air directly out the back.

From the looks of it, I have four options (pictures are just for illustration purposes):

In Back, In Top Cage (Picture #1)

In Back, In Bottom Cage (Picture #2) <=== I think I like this option!

and the opposite

Out Back, In Top Cage (Picture #3)

Out Back, In Bottom Cage (Picture #4)

dja2k

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 2,734
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 2,819
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 2,739
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 3,421
You will like the case. Its a bit cramped but once everything is setup, its a very quiet and well round case. Plus I hate flashy cases and personally love the look of the P180 cases.

Yes I like the case already, did some research before ordering it. I was going with the Thermaltake Lanboy but didn't. One question, I have two sata dvd drives and a floppy to work with. Do you think because of the floppy cable, I should install the floppy and 1 dvd drive in the bottom and the other dvd drive in the top?

dja2k

Isn't there only one 5.25" on top and the other two 5.25" on the bottom?

dja2k

Yeah it happens! A plus would be 1 DVD on top 1 DVD on bottom for the DVD Drives since the DVD vibration when direct copying will be less to cause bad disks.

dja2k

Just got the case right now, looks pretty good. I have done the fan adjustments as #2. I actually got my hands on another identical Antec case fan really cheap on ebay.

Hey in your other post you said you have an [email protected] and 4gb DDR, so did something stop you from overclocking more or you left it at that. What DDR memory were you using if you don't mind me asking?

dja2k

I stopped due to 450x8 was a good sweet spot. I can keep voltages down really low and I did not see much of a benefit going and keeping 4GHZ for my 24/7 Clocks. As for ram, I have a 2x2GB GSkill 1066 Kit 5/5/5/12. Also it helps from heating my room up to much. So Cal weather plus my room is on the second floor.

Yeah I guess I am going that route too; less heat with as little noise of the fans. We will see who it goes in the days to come.

dja2k

Does anyone know how many side rail things for the 5.25" drive this case suppose to come with? I only got 5 and I am missing one if we're suppose to use two per each 3 external bays.

dja2k

Back