• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gaming in Windowed Mode

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

HR4

Registered
How many play games in windowed mode. I have just tried it out for Arma 2 and it seems o.k, I don’t usually play in windowed mode, but it got me to wondering how many do or how many have tried it out...

I always try to play in windowed mode if it's possible. I like the option of being able to multi-task whether it's chatting with friends or looking up specific things.

FPS - No way
Shogun 2 - A must. My dad takes 10-15 minutes to take his turns!

LOL!

I Do windowed on games like Diablo and other RPG's because I'm usually watching something on netflix. though on the occasion I have played in a windowed mode in BF3 so that I could talk to a few friends on steam but that was never permanent

Depends on my mood, most things is full screen. Though since some how how ever I got it setup I can run video and game full screen on both my monitors it really doesn't affect me too much.

Window mode is nice if it allows it and still gives me the performance. FPS's though always full screen no question.

Full screen on one monitor, chat/movie/whatever on the other. It's easy enough alt-tabbing around that I don't have a reason to play in windowed.

Full Screen on everything unless it's something I'll leave idle for a while like an MMO. For most games, it's not problem to just Alt+Tab out of any situation.

I don't know about every game but on TF2 you can remove the border by just modifying the game startup in steam and adding "-noborder"

Moving the game up a few pixels works well, too. :)

I run every game in windowed mode. It's a lot easier. I do it with dual monitors, too. Some games don't like being tabbed out, and tabbing back in has always been a little slower than I'd like.

I like to play general games in windowed mode like Oblivion, Skyrim and pretty much any slower paced games but if its online game or a faster paced game I play fullscreen.

Only game I play in windowed mode is Everquest, and that's cause i'm 3 boxing. BF3, LOL, and any other game are FS with something up on the second monitor.

Back