• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NetTalk DUO II is out, how is it better than original NetTalk DUO and MagicJack?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

c627627

c(n*199780) Senior Member
http://www.nettalk.com/en/duo2

It seems to do Fax and 911, free number porting and requires no computer. The only downside I see is if the power goes out or if you are unlucky enough to have a problem that affects some, but not all users.

I'm going to call tomorrow morning to find out what the difference is b/w original DUO and the just released version II.

Price Break down is
• New Duo II: $35 + $30 = $65 for 15 months of service
• Original Duo: $50 for 12 months of service
• Duo Wi-Fi: $65 for 12 months of service

Attachments

• NetTalkDuoII.png
    NetTalkDuoII.png
    31.9 KB · Views: 7,139
Called them.

Got "that's a great question, been wondering that myself" answers and after transferring me to the right person, the answer is:

The only difference is in pricing. NetTalk DUO II is exactly the same as the original NetTalk DUO. You just get a worse deal with NetTalk DUO II.

I asked three times in different ways if the firmware is the same, if the features are the same... if they are sure there is no other difference... yup: You pay more for DUO II and get the same thing as the original DUO. Since they charge for shipping, maybe it's better to get it on Amazon on newegg then :shrug:

Last edited:
NetTalk would not offer free shipping or discount.

It's $45.99 at newegg and interestingly, it's on sale for $43.98+tax at Best Buy. Haven't seen Best Buy being price-competitive in years. ;)

Back