• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Redline, way to go

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Zebbo

Mushkin Tech Rep
I got a little bored here so I decided to pull the trigger and try out how much XP3200 Redline kit is able to handle.

I fed these modules with only 3,6volts and here's the result.

282MHz
283MHz
284MHz

And I haven't even started yet, lets just wait for the colder weathers ;)

Last edited:
It is all with 1T command rate, I will do some more benching soon and I will provide bandwidth benchmark with it + A64T shot. I can't get tRCD to 2 no matter what I do, it's only possible with 200MHz and with 3,3V so I let it be alone.

I am also very limited with my Venice's memory controller. This baby wont stay stable at 2,7GHz with 1,7V or even with 1,75V :rolleyes:

Just wait couple minutes until my room gets cold enough and I will provide a few benches more :)

Actually this is very early version of XP3200 :)

I just need to wait for ~10mins until I can start. Using water cooling and my CPU idles at 16 degrees :)

That is very good, but it would be 10 times better if you could push RAS to CAS to 2 since that is a performance giver in bandwith bench, 3D Mark...

Even though those are still nice results considering that it's running on 1T. Also I'm assuming that you are active cooling these or did you put on some of them new HS :p

Good to see that you got that CAS down. See if you can go for higher freq eventhough you cand lower RAStoCAS.

Last edited:
Ok, so I provided that 283MHz, why not to provide 284MHz too.

Well, as I stated above that my Venice is not as good as it could be, I think the memory controller is what keeps me this low.

Last edited:
WOoooOOO!!!
so the redlines are hot stuff!
Greattt.... I was planinng on getting those hot sticks for my new rig and now its confirmed. :)

Zebbo said:
Well, as I stated above that my Venice is not as good as it could be, I think the memory controller is what keeps me this low.

I don't think that it's your CPU since Venice are know for having good mem controller much better then previous Winnies.

I think that you have reached the top but if you were to loosen up those timings you could squeeze few more MHz out of it, but what would be the point of that since these are UTT's (if you know what I mean)

You are correct there, Venice's does have better memory controller than Winchester's does. But just an pure example here, if I would get an FX -series CPU now, there is still possibility I might get better memory overclock for a less voltage than I do with my Venice.

But this is really something we cannot discuss cause I don't have an FX so that's as far as it goes :) And did I or didn't I hit wall here, well, you never know did I left an headroom there to show you guys some better results later ;)

Zebbo,
Eikö tRCD tosiaan mene kahteen? Entäs tWTR ja tRTW, meneekö 1?

RedDragonXXX said:
Not to bad but can you pull RAS to CAS on 2 and lower CAS to 1.5?

Also was this done at 2T command rate?
1. CAS1.5 = CAS2. A64 doesn't support CAS1.5.
2. If the ram can do xxxMHz @ 2T it can do the same @ 1T. Memcontroller is the only thing that matters when command rate is 1T. It's simply not an ram issue.

Last edited:
largon said:
2. If the ram can do xxxMHz @ 2T it can do the same @ 1T. Memcontroller is the only thing that matters when command rate is 1T. It's simply not an ram issue.

what if a memory controller doesnt like a particular type of ram? or if the 2 sticks are not in the right slots?

Last edited:
Back