• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Battlefield 3: Official Thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

pwnmachine

picture.php

Weapon Summary(12/27/12)

Assault

***.png

Recon

rec.png

Support

sup.png

Engineer

eng.png

Sidearms/PDW

pis.png
pdw.png

Weapon chart legend.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Game Summary
Battlefield 3 will feature the maximalist combined arms battles that made the series popular across single-player, co-operative and multiplayer modes. It will reintroduce several elements absent from the Bad Company games, including fighter jets, the prone position and 64-player battles on PC (consoles will support 24 players).

A new animation system will allow players to "drag fallen comrades into safety and mount weapons on almost any part of the terrain." The destructible environments of DICE's Frostbite engine will also be in use.

Maps set in Paris, Tehran, Sulaymaniyah and New York have been confirmed.[3] As a whole the game will cover urban streets, metropolitan downtown areas, and open landscapes suited to vehicle combat.

Gameplay

First Teaser Footage:

Fault Line Trailer Episode 1(Mild Spoilers)

Fault Line: Episode 2

Fault Line: Episode 3

Fault Line: Full 12min

Fault Line: Full 12min with dev commentary

My Life Trailer

Caspian Border Trailer

Interviews

Latest GDC 2011 interview with Executive Producer Patrick Bach.

Screen shots confirmed to be in-engine.

18 Minute BF3 Special Courtesy of NiceguyEdy :thup::thup:

E3 2011 Tank Gameplay

Last edited:
you had my hopes WAY up when you said "Gameplay", then linked that teaser trailer that can't even be called a trailer. :cry:

THIS is what you'd want to upgrade your PC for folks. I hope they continue the hit that was BF2 with this next title. Another game where teamwork is REQUIRED to win. CoD nerds can suck on it.

This thread will probably die. It's too early for it :p Revive it 2 months prior release.

PUMPED for this game. I loved BF1942 and BF2. BFBC2 is a decent game but just doesn't have what BF2 had.

I still play bf2 regularly, only online game I play.. gotta have vehicle choices..groundpounding is for grunts!

My wife pre-ordered it for me, for v-day. I believe they are going to make an announcement in march.

V-Day as in Vendetta day? Who are you taking revenge on ? :O

BTW, I'm excited as well, read the game informer 5 page article and they'll grab all the experience from BF2+BC2, dedicate all these months purely into it. DICE even cancelled some BC2 projects in order to use their full potential into this. I bet it will be a masterpiece. :D

Looks amazing, I'm still addicted to BFBC2 despite it being a year old so I am definitely looking forward to this.

Hope this isn't the next Crysis, because I don't want to upgrade my gpu this year.... graphics look amazing

you had my hopes WAY up when you said "Gameplay", then linked that teaser trailer that can't even be called a trailer. :cry:

There are some clips of gameplay in the video. I have doubts about the screens being in-game and not prerendered though.:burn:

Back