• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

YMMV - 2Tb Samsung F4 $32 Open Box

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BossBorot

2Tb Samsung F4 $32 Open Box

Extremely time limited when in stock

To help your chances of getting one have your payment info on file with newegg already so you only have to type in the CV2 code. Avoid paypal payments as it takes longer.

They usually come back in stock around 4 PM PST during week days. However they have been in stock at other times as well so YMMV.

good luck :thup:

$32 Shipped 2Tb 5400 RPM

$27 Shipped 1.5Tb 5400 RPM

$25 Shipped 1Tb 7200 RPM

Last edited:
in stock now

edit: 1Tb just sold out and 2TB as well.

They may pop up again I will update again if they do

Last edited:
and dead for the day. This is easily the worst day for these drives they where only in stock for around two mins and never came back.

Well, tracking on mine shows it got into PA. Quick, someone stop me before I get a second one for RAID 0.

Got it and popped it in earlier. Everything checks out.

I just have to ask. Does this new drive make my sig look fat?

Last edited:
I hope these come up again while I am paying attention. Really need a storage drive and you can't argue with the price.

If you didn't see the other thread if they come in stock they usually do so around 4:12PM PST. I will update when they do if I can

going to be back in stock shortly both the 1tb and 2tb

edit: in stock

edit 2: 2Tb out of stock 1Tb still in stock

edit 3: 2Tb dead for the day

Last edited:
Hhmmm...Like the fact that it's faster than my 1tb F1. Max: 133.2MB/s Min.: 62.1MB/s Avg.: 105.1MB/s vs. Max: 98.5MB/s Min.: 47.8MB/s Avg.: 78.6MB/s. Might have to get a second one for RAID :D

HOW DO YOU KNOW THESE THINGS?! :)

If it is showing deactivated it is dead
if it goes from deactivated to showing out of stock it is going to show up soon
if it is in stock well it probably is in stock but not always if it just sold out :(

so basically if it shows a price it is either going to be in stock soon or was in stock recently just because it says it is out of stock does not mean that it is sold out as newegg reactivates the page first.

Hhmmm...Like the fact that it's faster than my 1tb F1. Max: 133.2MB/s Min.: 62.1MB/s Avg.: 105.1MB/s vs. Max: 98.5MB/s Min.: 47.8MB/s Avg.: 78.6MB/s. Might have to get a second one for RAID :D

Seeks are likely not all that good though so unless they are only for transferring large files it likely isn't worth it performance wise. The 1Tb f3 is much better for general use and is over $100 off given current post flood prices. However you can't argue with the price of the 2Tb I haven't seen cheaper for $/size anywhere else

If it is showing deactivated it is dead
if it goes from deactivated to showing out of stock it is going to show up soon
if it is in stock well it probably is in stock but not always if it just sold out :(

so basically if it shows a price it is either going to be in stock soon or was in stock recently just because it says it is out of stock does not mean that it is sold out as newegg reactivates the page first.

Ah, well I did know those things. I just figured you had some inside track for knowing it. Guess you are just F5-ing it! :)

Ah, well I did know those things. I just figured you had some inside track for knowing it. Guess you are just F5-ing it! :)

rss readers help find out deals to look for later and sometimes finds instock items like this or this too

Last edited:
Seeks are likely not all that good though so unless they are only for transferring large files it likely isn't worth it performance wise. The 1Tb f3 is much better for general use and is over $100 off given current post flood prices. However you can't argue with the price of the 2Tb I haven't seen cheaper for $/size anywhere else

~13ms according to HDtune, about the same as the F1.

rss readers help find out deals to look for later and sometimes finds instock items like this or this too

Like for instance that 6850 (which is tempting! -A week ago I would have jumped right on that) It's not in Newegg's Open box section and doesn't show up at the bottom of their normal vid card section either. Did you just save that link and check it now and again or did you find it through some means?

Sorry to take this thread in this direction, I'm just very curious :D

Back