• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Questions about a Kingpin pot

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Wega!

Please take a look at this pot (Pic takes some time to load) : http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/2176/salg.png

Is that pot made for DICE or LN2? And how can i see if it's for one thing or the other?
What would a fair price be for this particular pot?
Is it a good pot?
Would it be a good place to start if someone wanted to try out DICE?

that looks like it is an original F1 (prototype). not F1EE edition though.

great pot! :thup:

Hardass: He he because the sellers says it is a kingpin pot :eh?: I know nothing about pot's myself, thats why I'm asking all these questions about it :) You dont think it's a Kingpin?

cold.nut: Ok, sounds good :) Is it made for DICE or LN2? Or can it be used for both?

Hardass: He he because the sellers says it is a kingpin pot :eh?: I know nothing about pot's myself, thats why I'm asking all these questions about it :) You dont think it's a Kingpin?

cold.nut: Ok, sounds good :) Is it made for DICE or LN2? Or can it be used for both?

I asked because I can not tell what it is by that pic. cold.nut seems to be sure so will leave it to him to answer.:thup:

I've never seen that pot before. It's half aluminum half copper, rectangular, light, and the base looks vaguely like the early F1.

I wouldn't buy it unless it is very cheap indeed.

Any pot can be used for both, but that one lacks the surface area to be good with high heat cpus on dice and the mass to be good with mid to high heat cpus on ln2.

It'll be workable for both, but better can be had.

As has been stated, I'm not quite sure what brand of pot that is. Possibly an early, early KP pot, but definitely not recent, and definitely not an F1. IIRC, from the beginning, the F1 and the F1EE have been milled from solid Cu. The only cpu pots of KP, I know of, that are Al + Cu are the Venom and the Dragon Evo.

I wouldn't pay more then maybe 75 bucks for it.
I love my koolance rev2 though. It has it's issues (has a fat bottom, mostly, and the stock threaded rods are dubious at best though easily replaceable), but it can keep a 980x nice and cold so i forgive it :D

I know the F1 (pre f1ee) had F1 cut into it...but it was solid copper. this might be a prototype of that or something. Regardless, it's not a great pot and certainly not worth that amount of money for dice...might be worth it for nostalgia

Ok, thanks guys :) I'm gonna let this one go then, unless he is willing to go down in price. Problem is that there are not very many pots for sale in EU, and I havent been able to find one sigle reseller of Koolance that also sells their pots. But I'm not in a hurry, so something else should turn up sometime :)

you guys are right on the F1 design. however, the key word was "Prototype F1". if I recall, Vince was experimenting with Cu/Al and just plain Cu. This happened to be a Cu/Al mix.

thats my input! :thup:

Depends on how much it is to ship to Denmark. :)

Wega, if that shipping is cost-prohibitive, look into a Duniek or a BartX unit. They both operate out of Europe AFAIK.

Shipping is a problem. I looked at the Koolance pot's but the shipping cost was just as much as the cheap pot they have.

The BartX looks like an option. With shipping I can get the Eco version for around $135, thats not too bad :D Just need to find a plave where i can buy DI now... Called 5 different places today, with no result :(

Shipping is a problem. I looked at the Koolance pot's but the shipping cost was just as much as the cheap pot they have.

The BartX looks like an option. With shipping I can get the Eco version for around $135, thats not too bad :D Just need to find a plave where i can buy DI now... Called 5 different places today, with no result :(

I'd recommend against buying new, fwiw. You can get better stuff for the same price if you go used (not sure if you are looking at new stuff or used stuff, just figured i'd throw it out there)

Back