• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is the SI7 of interest?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gone_fishin

BandSaw King
Recently heard of the SI7. What are peoples thoughts on it. With it using SIS chipset and PC1200 RDRAM. Will the DDRII Intel chipset boards be a better choice?
Here's a photo I found of it.
1488734.jpg

Sounds pretty hot for us rdram few who are hooked on the bandwidth drug. Abit is doing this board for all of the faithfull Th7II owners who loved the board. I was supprised to here Abit doing another board with rdram but alas. I don't think anything will touch it on bandwidth also rdram just runs so smooth..
I will have to get one.............sometime

Well, I'm definitely interested!
I'm waiting for benchmarks and user experiences. Then I'll decide wheter I'll upgrade to this board or switch to DDRII, or even DDR400,, cuz I need an upgrade fast: either my mobo (TH7II-RAID) is instable or my memory is) So either way, I need to buy a new mobo& memory
But I f I look at the features listed at the Abit forum, it's a pretty cool board.

i dont know what Abit thinking!!! Place the F.connector way down to bottom ??? It taking place of font panel control. Does it good to sit right there?

I don't see any problem with the floppy connector placement, you just fold the ribbon away from the board. But what I'm worried about is the cpu socket placement in relation to the heatsink bracket. It means the heatsink contact patch needs to be 1/2" wider! Maybe it won't make so much differance in temps if the cpu corners are exposed?

maxwedge said:
But what I'm worried about is the cpu socket placement in relation to the heatsink bracket. It means the heatsink contact patch needs to be 1/2" wider! Maybe it won't make so much differance in temps if the cpu corners are exposed?

Do you think that is be ok for most watter block?
Lok weir:rolleyes:

Back