• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ASUS P9x79 + Intel 3820 Issues

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

UmX

Registered
For the life of me can not get this system to post.

I have 2 motherboards and 2 processors. I have tried the fast boot bios no go.

I have tried several sticks of memory. I am not getting the CPU led to stay lit on power up im looking for any idea's or advice. I have done research it seems this board cpu dont like each other.

sounds like you got motherboards that were not flashed with current bios as the 3820 was the latest chip for x79 the boards probably wont support them til you update the bios
use the usb bios flash on the back of the boards to update the bios.you dont need to post or use a display.
format a usb thumb drive you fat32 download the latest bios for your boards put them on the usb drive un-compressed with nothing elts on the flash drive.
then push and hold the bios flash button til the light on it changes(like 2 sec) and wait for it to finish,then the boards should post.

Back