• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ATTN: 8kda3J rev2.0

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dreIU

I sent my old 8kda3j for an RMA to newegg bc it had some serious issues with vcore fluctuations, and it cam back last week. Well I finally opened it, and guess what!! IT's a 2.0!!!!! It has active cooling for the chipset and they re worked the power management in order to prevent voltage fluctuations as the majority of rev 1.xx had.

Just wanted to let you guys know that they are in @ newegg!

Ok wait so the rev 2.0 boards or higher dont have a vcore issue ? You sure. Have u flashed to latest bios and overclocked a little bit to see if it truly is fixed ? That would be awsome if they fixed it.

CandymanCan said:
Ok wait so the rev 2.0 boards or higher dont have a vcore issue ? You sure. Have u flashed to latest bios and overclocked a little bit to see if it truly is fixed ? That would be awsome if they fixed it.

Well, I just took it out of the box, I didn't install it (for me to do that, I would have to dismantle my whole rig). I am not sure if I will do that, I just dont have time at all. But I did read somewhere that it would be fixed (maybe on AOA forums, or a site that was linked on there). I am tempted to keep it and build a second system, but I am too poor atm for that.

I dont think you have anything to worry about, your mobo is doing fine from the looks of your oc.

Yea im just using that 5/14 bios that doesnt do the vcore drop's so im fine. I wanna upgrade to the DFI board in hopes my oc will improove a little bit tho.

CandymanCan said:
Yea im just using that 5/14 bios that doesnt do the vcore drop's so im fine. I wanna upgrade to the DFI board in hopes my oc will improove a little bit tho.

I think that you shouldnt do that. It would be a waste of money IMO. You have a nearly awesome OC, and with the DFI, you might squeeze a few more MHZ out of it. Then you have to think about the costs: sell the Epox for 60 (if that, they are like down to 70bucks @ newegg :rolleyes: ), and the DFI is about 135ish. Not worth it IMO, I would just keep my money for a more relevant upgrade (like 90nm down the road some time and PCI-e). Just my .02 :) .

I have the rev 2.2 from Newegg.... no undervolt problems at all... it overvolts instead :bang head

Vcore is set to 1.50v, BIOS and CPUZ show 1.65-1.70.... fluxuates depending on CPU load. Im still researching to see if there is a fix... if not I'll take a hit with the restocking fee and get a DFI instead.

IFZ24 said:
I have the rev 2.2 from Newegg.... no undervolt problems at all... it overvolts instead :bang head

Vcore is set to 1.50v, BIOS and CPUZ show 1.65-1.70.... fluxuates depending on CPU load. Im still researching to see if there is a fix... if not I'll take a hit with the restocking fee and get a DFI instead.

overvolt all the time, or just when under load? Maybe the programs are reading the voltages wrong... does the temp change accordingly wiht the voltage?

Back