• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

THe TOTALY custom painted (airbrushed ) PC project - phase 2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

R B Customs

FINISHED -The TOTALY custom painted (airbrushed ) PC project - phase 2 - NOW FINISHED

Soooooooooo

you may or may not have seen

if not, here it is in a nutshell
partsfini002ss4ix.jpg

pumpnradsmall0br.jpg

haddfinished004jpgsss0ni.jpg

so thats all the inside done. since those pics ive made the water UV orange and it looks a dman site better

on with the paint:
now my original idea for this PC was to ahve every bit airbrushed as possible. there are stil ofcourse parts that CAN still be paitned btu these will just ahve to wait... the sky is the limit really.

i was flicking through Bizarre magazine as usual when i came across an advert for 'the ghosts of edendale' as soon as i saw the ghost / corspe 'thing' with that big hat on i knew i had to paint it on my PC.
this was the first thing i acctualy done to the case ! but just left the pannel lying around for months.
here it is in its kinda unfinished state:

waterside20uv.jpg

Next soem loud colour / artwork had to be added. i have a passion for all things FIRE ! lol so i figured id wrap the case in flames.
i duct taped the case pannels togeather from the inside to form a flimsy yet workable shell for me to paint. and heres the artwork about 70% finished maye?
almost6vm.jpg

Last edited:
Remember that picture is in its raw form !! no clearcoat yet !!

Next i couldnt wait to see what the case looked liek wioth the mesh on the side. i got my mate to half inch this pannel of mesh from work and its the hardest thing ive had to cut in my life. my idea was to ahcve the case glowing orange / red from inside through the painted mesh
openside0061me4lm.jpg
]

after fixxing allt he mistakes fromt he previous pic, i proceded to clearcoat the case. i originaly planned to do 3 pannels at a time, but by the time id mixxed the paint i found my self doin it all at once lol

on the bench for the clear:
clearcoat0bk.jpg

See how much nicer it looks 'wet' the balck turns from that horrible flakey grey to ... black !

clearcoat003jpgssss5pu.jpg

^^ all the pannels on my grass in the sun... looks shecshy now :D

next step is polishing... oh how i HATE polishing... i hate it so much, a friend of mine is goign to do it for me lol.

One pannel 'flatted' - basically sanding the pannel donw until the surface iis perfectly smooth, then it is polished
clearcoat004medium7uv.jpg

ive sprayed soem water on this one to show the effect polishign will have

clearcoat005medium3jc.jpg

Now i COULD wait for my mate to polish it, or i can jhave a crack at doing it by handf, like ive done here, you can see where ive p[olished, and which bits are left flat by looking at the reflection of gras.... DAYUM thats shiney :D
clearcoat010medium4ev.jpg

holy **** i wasnt even expecting the finish to come out that nice, i was thinking that was all in your first post, and i thought it looked sweet then. but now.... wow, that looks amazing. could make alot of money from those lol.

some ideas....

airbrush the zip ties before putting them on the hoses?
cd roms? and trays and all that?
then all the inside of the case could be, but im sure you plan to get that.
be cool if you paint the back of the case with all the pci panels and blanks in place so it is all matching up when put together.

sorry if ive mentioned stuff you've already talked about, i havnt looked at the other thread.

Last edited:
Hey I was just wondering how you get that flame effect. My GF loves to airbrush and she wante me to ask lol. Is there a site she can look at? Looks awsome though. I had been looking in the cooling section for more and found you moved over here :)

DeViL_909 said:
Hey I was just wondering how you get that flame effect. My GF loves to airbrush and she wante me to ask lol. Is there a site she can look at? Looks awsome though. I had been looking in the cooling section for more and found you moved over here :)

Hey, the fire effect is Very hard to do to be honest. ive been pracrticing it for a while and recently found new techniques. but it seems to eb the most popular thing peopel want painting on their items to date.
theres about 20 layers of paint on there lol i couldnt even begin to explain how to do it without your eyes glazing over !

four:
thats one of the reasons i dont post process pics lol. not many people understand whats going on. but yea, the finsih will be that glossy all over the PC. im loosing the will to live with hand polishing at the moment so im just gonna leave it til i can get my mates machine polisher.

if your interested the reason for polishing is becase when you clear coat thigns, its Very hard to get an absolutly perfect coat, with no dust and no 'orange peel' . unfortunatly my airbrush skills out weigh my clearcoating skills by a mile. lol
when clearcoatign you throw about 4-5 coats of clear onto the piece and you should look to sand at least one layer off to get rid of the little bits of dust, runs, or anythign else like that.

it takes gutts to take sand paper to your artwork, but the results after its polished are well worth it.

Thanks for the kind words gents !

For being the same age as me...ur pretty sick it just makes look like if I've been loosing my time :(

jivetrky said:
/me wonders what jesus would be like with an airbrush :)

probobly like.
" erm... what the sandles is this thing ? "
lol
im thinking about waiting til pay day and just buying my self a new machine polisher... the reason i dont have one is becuase i dont usualy clearcoat my artwork... i leave that to the poeple who are good at clearcoating :)

so near... yet so far :(

So your that good with painting, but you have trouble clear coating? Lol wanna switch talents :)

DeViL_909 said:
So your that good with painting, but you have trouble clear coating? Lol wanna switch talents :)

ha ha.
i know how to clearcoat, i know all the hteories behind it but i JUST HATE DOING IT lol :mad:
its such a big thing to me, where as the paitners i know wpuldnt batter an eye lid at clearcoating anything lol.

i dont really have the facility to clearcoat things to be honest. i have what is perfect for artwork. but doesnt really adapt to clearing.

still waiting for pay... dont knwo what the sandles my boss is playign at btu i dont think he knows im in desperate need of a polisher lol !

Back