• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What a god aweful thing to happen

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TripleH

Registered
Well, I just got my new motherboard yesterday, ECS K7S5A, and i was toying around with it. I lowered the mult. to 9 and cranked the fsb to 133, and restarted and voila!! 1.2ghz from my morgan 1ghz, this morning i wake up and had an idea, "I'll lower the multiplier to 8 and see if i can hit 8*166 just for fun even though i knew i had no chance with my pc133 sdram, so i lowered the mult to 8 rebooted and set the fsb to 138 and i got 1104mhz with decent temps, then tried 150, and booted with decent temps though a bit unstable, so i upped the vcore to 1.85, and when i powered up i went into the bios and looked at the hardware monitor and the temp said 44 and it was only at 800mhz, after this i powered down and set my mult back to 9, and wanted to go back to my original oc from last night, i cleaned off the hsf and cpu and reapplied ASII and powered up and i went into hardware monitor and my temp was 47 so i started to get upset so i removed the side of my case, removed the heatsink only to realize i cracked the core!!!!!!!!!!!! this sux

AARRGH! Bummer my friend! As a CPU serial killer, I know how you feel. At least it still works, so youll have a backup when you replace it. It is allways good to have a backup! Just trying to look on the bright side! I hope you get a good deal on whatever you replace it with.

Hey Lt. Max, if you dont mind me asking, why was your avatar removed?

Been there. First time I ever built my own comp, I dropped a pair of pliars on the core of the CPU. Nice little dent on the corner (was an 1800+). It would start, and sometimes manage to put about half of my vid boot screen up before it stopped. I bout OEM grey market (the price was the x1000 unit price direct from AMD), so I had no warrant. Called AMD and they said they'd send me a one time customer satisfaction 1600+. I took it. Bless AMD :)

Lt. Max said:
hah a 1.6A Wouldnt have done that... sometimes spenidng more money is smarter...
No way. Anybody who does that will be kicking themselves in the butt when they realize what a slow crapper they have.

TripleH said:
i cleaned off the hsf and cpu and reapplied ASII and powered up and i went into hardware monitor and my temp was 47 so i started to get upset so i removed the side of my case, removed the heatsink only to realize i cracked the core!!!!!!!!!!!! this sux

awe that sux

So when did you noticed you cracked it, before you took off the heatsink the first time or the second time?

Which heatsink were you using?

oh , i didnt mean to start no debate, if u read the second line of my thread i meant that to even out the first line... :D

and my avatar was removed because it was a dancing girl showing her butt.. too sexy for most ppl here. but i like my current one btw!! makes me look like a bad kid ;)

Back