• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

hd problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

trendx

after replacing my harddrive, my computer ran fine for about a month or so my computer began to run very slow....i have switched back to my old harddrive and my computer is back to normal....any one know what my problem could possible be? thanks...

Sounds like your HD is dying. I just returned one doing the same thing. If you have important data I'd relocate it immediately and try out the diagnostic software recommended by the manufacturer.

Another possibilty, if this is your operating system drive, is spyware. That stuff can slow a mega rig to a crawl!

Check the properties in Device Manager. You might not be running the UDMA mode that you should. I'm not. Still trying to figure it out. You can uninstall the IDE driver in Device Manager and, maybe, correct problem

Back