• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Computer Keyboard For Musicians

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BigAir

Creative is marketing a new computer keyboard with a musical keyboard on the lower half. Sounds like it would be interesting for those of you that do digital music editing on your PCs. You can see the keyboard at www.creative.com and I also found them on e-bay for real cheap! They are called Creative Prodikeys. I wonder if the musical keyboard would get in the way of speed typing?? Check it out: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2753588310&category=4706
Note* I am not the seller.

this keyboard has been out for awhile... unfortunately, it suffers from a major drawback.. the keys are "mini keys" which are equivalent in size to those cheezy casio beatbox keyboards. Great for kids, but not practical for anyone who wants to do even hobbyist level midi production.

if anyone's really interested in getting a MIDI controller, just pick up either a cheap full-size casio keyboard used (they all have MIDI now) or get a 2 1/2 octave controller like the Evolution or Oxygen 8. See www.audiomidi.com for a ton of em.

Back