• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone know where I can find this thing with mobo connectors?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Heh, sorry. I forgot a pretty significant thing.

I should have mentioned that I don't like the idea of plugging the cables into the back I/O panel. I'd rather plug it directly into the motherboard.

why don't you like plugging things into the mobo, that's what they are made for. Frankly this is just a weird request

I don't exactly understand what you want to do, but it doesn't sound like a very realistic option if it's what I think it is. Plugging the I/O cables into the motherboard directly isn't an option other than plugging them into the I/O on the motherboard itself which couldn't be what you want to do. Unless it's something like USB which you can do other ways much like what you found already. I doubt you will be able to take this idea as far as you are hoping. Perhaps somebody knows something I don't and will be able to suggest something interesting to solve your problem! Good Luck!

Well, you know how some cases come with front panels and they include cables that you plug directly into the motherboard as opposed to the back where the monitor and stuff is? I'm looking for something like that but with a 3.5" drive since my case doesn't have the front panel. I don't want to have to take off a PCI bracket and plug the cables into the back i.e. http://www.hls-systems.com/HLS-Systems/images/HLS-P4-D850EMV2L/DSCN3334.JPG
That's the problem with the part that linked you guys too; it doesn't have internal connectors. You need to do just that.

I'd rather just plug in the ports (firewire, front audio and USB) with plugs like this

http://www.sceusa.com/frontusbcon2.jpg

it depends on the motherboard. Some mobos have thos internal type connections some dont. If your mobo does have it, it should have had cables included with it because those internal connections (if you have them) are not all standard.

I would think somelthing like that would be appealing to you. It appears to install into a drive bay & if I am not mistaken, those cables would be routed out the back through a PCI slot adaptor of some kind. end of reaching around in back of comp.
works for me. Except my main comp is upsidedown and bassakwards back in front design. so that would not be of any use for me. the back is already in front :D

So what you want is to connect stuff at the front of your computer? Lots of places have panels that do that. Here is an enermax one that will do lots of cool stuff. newegg

There are others out there if you want other connections or different features. Just look around in the accessories section of most places.

David Warner said:
So what you want is to connect stuff at the front of your computer? Lots of places have panels that do that. Here is an enermax one that will do lots of cool stuff. newegg

There are others out there if you want other connections or different features. Just look around in the accessories section of most places.
Welcome to the forums.

Now thats a drive bay deviece that I can get behind. That looks cool. Probably not what he was asking for, all of the ones listed so far use the same connectors on the back. I think that this is going to be difficult to find. I would consider DIY if you're handy with tools and wires and all.

Back