• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Laser printer problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JetEngineMech

I just replaced the toner on my Brother MFC-4800 but the printouts are really faded with blank lines running through it vertically. I tried the website but it didn't help much. Any idea what is causing this?

Could actually be a bad toner cartridge.
Also make sure the cartridge bay does't have excess toner powder accumulated.
Do not blow it out, vacum only.

I just replaced the toner on my Brother MFC-4800 but the printouts are really faded with blank lines running through it vertically. I tried the website but it didn't help much. Any idea what is causing this?

Check the cartridge also for a little plastic slider on the top that runs along a wire. If it's there, slide that back and forth a few times to clean off anything that might be on the wire.

Pull out the cartridge and place it on a level table on a cloth. (to not scratch the table) Give it a few good shakes to even out the toner so it's flat and even inside. Then keeping it level, put it back in the printer.

The other thing to do if you are a little ambitious is take out the drum and clean that with a dust/lint free cloth. Don't get any finger prints on it. Your drum may have dust, particles, etc that may give you a bad print. I have a Brother MFC-8500 and both of these worked wonders for the print quality.

If none of these help, there may be something else wrong with it.

- Blackstar

Well I vacuumed it out, shook it like a baby, cleaned the slider, and cleaned off the drum. It helped, it's printing darker but still inconsistent with a few blank lines.

Sounds like maybe the drum needs replacing. As far as i know, the drum is seperate from the toner in brother printers so each time you replace the toner, you dont get a new drum as well. If other troubleshooting doesnt work, I would put a new drum in it, and see what it does, if it doesnt work, you can always take it back and get your money.

Back