• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

"New" rig on the Farm...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rogerdugans

Linux challenged Senior, not that it stops me...
I've been working on a little project the last couple of weeks, and finally finished it all up:

1 case with 2 motherboards, 3 cpus and a hub for a small Diskless Cluster :D
This thing has a total of 3Ghz of Crunching Power and should be putting out about 11 or 12 wu per day by itself...plus any other Diskless Client nodes that get hooked into the hub- and there is room for 6 more.

Not bad for one power cable;)

DUAL1.jpg

That is COOL :) Where'd you dream that one up? Wondering just what the basis case is for your mod there Roger. Care to fill us in?

J :cool:

Two monitors too? You could play against your self. But really good job. Nice case too.

:eek: Must be a big case or two really small mobos . Thats something I need to look into, as my farm is making its way into the kitchen :p Cant really do much in a 1 bdrm apt. :(

dsc00088.jpg

dsc00089.jpg

Go3Team said:
:eek: Must be a big case or two really small mobos . Thats something I need to look into, as my farm is making its way into the kitchen :p Cant really do much in a 1 bdrm apt. :(

dsc00088.jpg

dsc00089.jpg
Thank you for posting this - I truly no longer feel like I have a problem with computer hardware :D

More Details and some more pics;)

The idea came from getting such a HUGE case- Compaq Proliant 1500.
Originally had a P90 and 5 drive scsi raid array in it.

I've seen some pics of cluster setups people have done that were great; usually they are open to kids and animals, etc . though...so when I got hold of that monster case, it was just about a natural:D

The idea of cleaning up my Ghetto Farm was also in my head anyway......:D

Boards are an Acorp P3 Duallie and AOpen AK73Pro- all the sdram boards I have left, and they are full size atx boards!
I still need to work on airflow some: case temp is about 34c and the P3s are 42c and 44c, which is higher than they have ever been. I haven't gotten temp monitoring working on the Diskless Clients yet, so I don't know what the TBird is running at.....:(

The two ATX psu's that are mounted in the psu box (along with the power for the hub) have 92mm intake and exhaust, but the case itself only has 120s for intake and exhaust: at least one more intake is need I think: 1ghz P3s @1050 and TBird 900@954 put out a bit too much heat for that airflow.

Window will be happening at some point.

Last edited:
nice work Roger!!

and yeah, that first thing i had in mind is cooling! w/ 2 machines, 3 cpus in it, you'll need good airflow!

btw, Go3Team, are you using those cpu/heatsink to fry eggs??!! :D :D

LOL...You beat me to the dual m/b case. Great job rogerdugans:beer:

My idea was to make extensions for a m/b stack x2 in one case. That way all the acc cables would be out the back. :cool:

Back