• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cyberdeals dell server

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Someone should get one of these
http://configure.us.dell.com/dellstore/config.aspx?c=us&cs=04&kc=6W300&l=en&oc=bEPDp3k&s=bsd
8 core for $900. Or we could all buy one and give those aussies a good run.
"Why did the time to catch us get cut in half? Crap."

But really would this be good ratio of price to pointsperday?

Hey, mine got pricey! :eek:

My shopping cart-
PowerEdge 1900
Quad Core Intel® Xeon® X5365, 2x4MB Cache, 3.0GHz, 1333MHz FSB, No Operating System: $3,397.00

Yeah, but by default you can upgrade to a quad for free, but to add the second one, it is 266 more :-/

No it's not. Choose the following:
CPU 1:
Quad Core Intel® Xeon® E5310, 2x4MB Cache, 1.60GHz, 1066MHz FSB [add $0]
CPU 2:
DISCOUNTED UPGRADE! Quad Core Xeon E5310, 2x4MB Cache, 1.60GHz [add $0]

Total price if you don't add anything else comes out to the mentioned $899. If I had $1000 to spare I buy that in a second...

Crap, you were right, dual duals for no additional charge, but the quads are more =(

Edit: Hmm, you can go with two Quad Core Intel® Xeon® E5310, 2x4MB Cache, 1.60GHz, 1066MHz FSB for the same price...

Could ask for $10 AAR donations on the front page and see how many of these could be afforded :cool:

So 8 cores @ 1.6 ghz...

Should roughly fold the same as a 3.2 GHz quad, I think, so is it really worth it for $900? You can build a quad for probably a little over half of that price and shouldn't have much issue getting it to 3.2.

Since when is a single-core at twice the speed of a dual core the same power? Two cores at half speed will ALWAYS outperform one core at twice that speed on something multi-threaded such as F@H. Same for 8 and 4...

This is the best deal that I have seen through Dell:

Details.jpg

Also I believe this is a pin-mod available to run the two quads at 1333 FSB, therefore running them at 2.0Ghz.

Here is the LINK

I'm thinking along ben's line ...the dells won't oc, and a single quad should be able to get >= 3.0 ghz, a cheap mobo like a p35-ds3l, and potential memory oc I expect a custom build will come out ahead.

It is nice to see downward pressure on prices.

Back