• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Silverprop FusionHL for 6800?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

billy_cat

Registered
I did a search but no one seems to have answered this.

Can The Silverprop FusionHL be somehow made to fit into a 6800?

I ask this since I'm about to get both the Maze4 (which I hear can be modified to fit a 6800) and the silverprop in separate package deals.

I currently own a 9500->9700pro(hardmod) so initially it wont be a problem for either block but I will probably have to choose when I get the next gen whether it be the x800 series or 6800 series.

Anything can be made to fit...besides it's my understanding the holes are standardized to comply with HS makers for thier cards and after market ones. But no I not positive it will fit...

It will! At least silverprop told me so. I'm in the middle of selling mine to someone (if it doesn't work out I'll let you know) and the buyer has an x800 xt pe. I asked silverprop whether it was compatible with that card and they told me...

The SL and HL will fit the XT. I'd suggest using the optional bolt mount for
easier installation.

You can purchase them from the place where you purchased the block.

They are also known as the GF4/FX or GF4/FX/6800 bolt kit.

It's listed in the instructions which came with the Fusion.

Just make sure you get the bolt kit and I think you're good to go!

A friend of mine got his silverprop to fit on a 6800 by using tiny little flanges to help line up the holes correctly. I don't have a picture at the moment, but I asked him for one. I'll post it up as soon as he sends it to me.

I always wonder why people care about pretty GPU water blocks. Even with a case window you can't see the block. You'd have to have no cards in place beneath it and a mirror on the bottom of your case to even know what it looks like down there.

I do have to disagree on that.

I have my comp on my desk. I can see my GPU heatsink pretty much all the time. Anyway, it can be pretty for pictures to post on the net :clap:

I don't like the fact that the waterblock only bolts to two corners. The GPU area is so small by comparision to the waterblock it would be easy for it to tilt one way or the other and not sit squarly on the GPU. Especially if a hose moved and put any tension on the block. I would be much more impressed if it held all 4 corners.

JeffP said:
I don't like the fact that the waterblock only bolts to two corners. The GPU area is so small by comparision to the waterblock it would be easy for it to tilt one way or the other and not sit squarly on the GPU. Especially if a hose moved and put any tension on the block. I would be much more impressed if it held all 4 corners.

Just like Kosmic's purdy one? :D

JeffP said:

Then just glue it on with AS epoxy?

Back