• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ThermalTake Tide Water

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
i can tsee that achieving anything that good aircooling cant to be hionest
thermal take have abit of a reputation for the worst watercooling aorund.
go for a zalman aircooler ( model nubmer slipped my mind) theyre meant to be the mutts nuts, and quiet too.

Rick

BLOOP! said:
Ive a sapphire x1800xt 512.. the stock cooler is too loud.. and its overheating. im think of buying this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16835116017 and replacing the block with the aquagrafx x1800/1900 block.

Would that work?

You'll find that TT products are not highly recommended. This will be no exception. The price you will pay for this (~$85 shipped) will be all but wasted as you will likely replace it with a better performing solution soon anyhow. Might as well spend more now and go with something else. You really can't go wrong with Swiftech and Danger Den products. As far as an actual parts list, peruse the various posts here and you'll see the pattern of suggested components for your WC setup.

good thing i asked. if thats the case now im thinking of making a real watercooled rig.. cpu+vga except for the chipset since i have a p5wd2 mobo. my case is a lian-li pc65.. so i've no 120mm fans. oc'ed P4 630 and sapphire x1800xt 512 which is my worst problem. but i want the setup to be inside the case because theres always kids running around. budget is around 300.

I dont care if its a kit or custom.. as long it stays inside my case. im a noob in wc'ing so i dont really know which what i need.

thanks in advance! I appreciate it

Budget around 300.00 can get you a good setup. Just stay away from full coverage GPU blocks that cool the ram too. That would eat half your budget for no real improvements.

I thought the PC-65 had a 120mm intake in the front. At any rate, Swiftech kits are about the only kits that are worth the money. Don't worry about WCing the NB. Kinda pointless. Key points to remember: The cooler the air that is pulled (not pushed) through the rad, the better. The pumps commonly sold by WCing websites (Danger Den; Xoxide; Jabtech; Frozen CPU, Etc.) push much better than pull, so place your reservoir/T-line at the inlet of the pump, to feed it. Measure twice, cut once when it's time to cut the tubing. Speaking of tubing, if you bend it too much, it crimps/flattens=bad idea. Use all copper or all aluminum. Copper>aluminum. Try not to mix the two or else galvanic corrosion will occur much faster, and you'll have to add more antifreeze to buffer this. That will reduce the effectiveness of the coolant, which ideally is a 90%/10% mixture of distilled h20 and antifreeze respectively + a few drops of non-alcohol iodine to kill the algae. Radiator placement depends on the case. You will have to cut room in the case to fit bigger rads since you require all internal. 1 120mm (fan) sized rad may fit in front intake but wouldn't give 'ideal'* performance. Good luck and if in doubt about anything, ask, ask, ask. :)

*Ideal performance is purely subjective and individual. YMMV.

BLOOP go with the Excellent advice that is mentioned above ,and also take the time to read and study the forums sticky's,they are another great resource that will help you make the best decisions for your money,heres one to start with- http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=369416

-on the video waterblock ,just get the standard gpu block that doesnt cool the memory and then get some of the OCZ copper ramsinks ,they are twice the size of all the other venders .
good luck with your watercooling adventure and post some pics when your done!!
P.S.You could also mount a dual 120 radiator in the top of that case,since your cooling both the cpu and gpu,like this-

5.JPG

Last edited:
I can't believe they released another version of the Tidewater for SLI. Once I saw it, I was like...god...what's the point.

hung said:
I can't believe they released another version of the Tidewater for SLI. Once I saw it, I was like...god...what's the point.

i know.. unbelievable huh.. i almost bought the other one for my x1800 hahaha

btw, im lookin at buying theese parts.. please advice thanks

Pump and Reservoir: Swiftech MCRES-1000P - Bay Reservoir and Pump Combo

Radiator: Swiftech MCR-80 Radiator

CPU Block: Swiftech Storm Universal Waterblock Rev 2 or Swiftech Apogee Extreme performance CPU water block

GPU Block: Swiftech MCW60 VGA cooler and 8 Ramsinks

are these parts ok? and consider that my case is small too.. and i dont know what type of 80mm fan to get or whats good.

Thanks!

R B Customs said:
i can tsee that achieving anything that good aircooling cant to be hionest
thermal take have abit of a reputation for the worst watercooling aorund.
go for a zalman aircooler ( model nubmer slipped my mind) theyre meant to be the mutts nuts, and quiet too.

Rick

I would not go this route. I would go for the water cooling solution if I were you. You may spend more but it's well worth it. When I wc my x1900xtx with just 1 BIX, 1-120mm fan, MAze4 GPU WB, distalled water & Water Wetter I was getting 2C above ambient (IE ambient 30C-GPU 32C under full load).

One thing comes to mind whe you buy prefab WC solutions...you have to use what they give you. You cannot modify other components into it or you risk messing things up.

If I were you I would go to www.dangerden.com and buy
10' Tygon tubing 1/2"
Syringe
BIX II 1/2" fittings
Maze4GPU (you must specify your GPU) 1/2" fittings
D5 Pump, the best DC (AKA PSU pump) I have every come across so far 1/2" fittings
10 Plastic Snap Tubing Clamps for 1/2"
Danger Den Fillport to create a T line 1/2"
Polypropylene "T" for 1/2"
Storm for yoru CPU has to be purchased elsewhere

Go to the supermarket and buy Distalled water
I personally perfer Water Watter but you can buy the solution solid on Danger Den as well.

And put them together and enjoy some decent cooling.

That thing looks sketchy. I understand watercooling is risky to begin with. But would you want your reservoir sitting directly on top of your video card?

BLOOP! said:
i know.. unbelievable huh.. i almost bought the other one for my x1800 hahaha

btw, im lookin at buying theese parts.. please advice thanks

Pump and Reservoir: Swiftech MCRES-1000P - Bay Reservoir and Pump Combo

Radiator: Swiftech MCR-80 Radiator

CPU Block: Swiftech Storm Universal Waterblock Rev 2 or Swiftech Apogee Extreme performance CPU water block

GPU Block: Swiftech MCW60 VGA cooler and 8 Ramsinks

are these parts ok? and consider that my case is small too.. and i dont know what type of 80mm fan to get or whats good.

Thanks!

Not bad at all. You could save some $$$ and get a better res by adding the MCW60 to H20-80 Micro Universal CPU Liquid Cooling Kit

The great part about these setups is if you get a bigger case, all you'll have to replace is the rad and maybe the tubing (up to 1/2" ID) to achieve better temps.

striker85 said:
That thing looks sketchy. I understand watercooling is risky to begin with. But would you want your reservoir sitting directly on top of your video card?

Yeah i know its risky.. but im really having serious temperature problems. the reaservoir that i listed on top is gonna go on a 5.25" drive bay.. so it wont be sitting on top of my video card.

now my case lian-li pc65 is thight. from the parts that i listed on my last post its gonna be like this.. the 80mm 3" rad will be on the top, next to my power suppy.. and that reservoir and pump combo is gonna be on the last 5.25" drive bay.. just above my 3.5" bays. i'm considering that pump/reservoir combo since my case is thight. would that work? i'm new noob to wc'ing.. so yeah

Thanks!

lmao! I almost choked when I look at that LOL! :beer: Thermaltake = complete sh*t...... DIY or stick to air.

well for the exception of DangerDen/Swiftech Kits, koolance EXOS-2 is okay too.

Back