• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

e6300 @ 3Ghz @ 1.25v :]

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

anwar1337

Ran orthos for about 30 minutes and it was stable, gonna leave orthos running tonight to see how it goes. Opinions on Benches PLEASE

Here are some pics :

I want to keep clocking but, I'm scared of the temps, @ full load @ 3ghz its hitting 63-64*C but then again its an ASUS motherboard so idk if its reporting the wrong temps, and i dont want it going above 65*C.
Does anyone know if their ASUS p5b-d is over reporting temps?
Right when i stop running orthos literally the second after, the temps drop down to 52-53*C so idk what to do.
Also, is there anyway I can shutdown the pc if it exceeds 70*C tonight as I run orthos? I can't seem to find a "Shut-Down Temperature" setting.
Also, do my memory #'s look right? B/c when I boot up it says PC-4300 Interleaved Dual channel, and it used to say PC-6400 when it was stock?
Also, is 19s good for 1M in super-pi?

is this a retail or oem cpu? if its retail can you post the FPO/Batch numbers from the side of the box?

Pretty good. I bet it can take less though. Mine does 2.8ghz on only 1.18 vcore.

FPO/BATCH # = L627A417
PROD CODE = BX80557E6300SL9SA

It's retail. Idk if it can take that low of a voltage because thats 200 mhz slower and I tried 1.2 multiple times and it failed in Orthos, its ok though b/c I'm happy with the current o/c :D

Use TAT or Coretemp for tempatures.

Also is that 1.25V bios or just what your reading in windows. Those are two different beasts.

Well, I left the house with 2 Orthos running and came back to find my computer had restarted, I checked the logs and it shows

2:Self-test 8K passed!
1:Self-test 8K passed!

all the way up to

2:Self-test 896K passed!
1:Self-test 896K passed!

The last 2 tests were

2:Test 5, 460000 Lucas-Lehmer iterations of M235519 using 12K FFT length.
1:Test 5, 460000 Lucas-Lehmer iterations of M235519 using 12K FFT length.

Was that the end of orthos or did the computer not even have enough time to log the halt of Orthos? Is it bad to run an orthos doing Small FFT's for the cpu and then another doing Large FFT's for the ram?

You only need to run 1 orthos. Run small FFT's to test the CPU. If you really want to run large FFT's for testing ram but its more prefered to test ram in Dos with Memtest to make sure ites testing all the memory.

T1Cybernetic said:
Infact:
Where did you get your chip from? i still havnt ordered mine as im looking for best prices :p

I second that. Wheres it from?

hahaha you won't believe it but... eBAY! LOL, quite some luck, but the guy had multiple CPU's for sale. Anyway, is 2.1v for the ram ok @ 429mhz?
for some reason I'm orthos stable but in CS:S it randomly restarts, I'm guessing its the memory because i havent used memtest and the fact that CS:S needs a huge bandwidth so the memory is under loads of stress so i was @ 2.05 and upped it to 2.1v, Whats the max V the new DDR2 ram chips can take? ;o

up the ram to a vdimm of 2.2 then, for the ram it really depends on what it is rated for. if your running your ram on like ddr2-1000+ with 2.1+volts then you need to actively cool the ram.

Well, my ram is @ DDR-860 @ 2.1 V, so should I actively cool the ram at this point? It just crapped out in Orthos after 2 hours, It didnt halt orthos, the computer just restarted. Anyone know what could've caused that? Too high of an FSB? My NB is @ 1.45v should i make it 1.55v? If it were the CPU crapping out then wouldnt it get a rounding error? Or am I wrong?

anwar1337 said:
Well, my ram is @ DDR-860 @ 2.1 V, so should I actively cool the ram at this point? It just crapped out in Orthos after 2 hours, It didnt halt orthos, the computer just restarted. Anyone know what could've caused that? Too high of an FSB? My NB is @ 1.45v should i make it 1.55v? If it were the CPU crapping out then wouldnt it get a rounding error? Or am I wrong?

Restart? Well lock-up and restarts are usually because of ram.

Right now it keeps restarting during CS:S so I dropped it to 400 x 7 @ 1.256v
and it still keeps restarting so i bumped the ram from 2.1 to 2.15, theres no 2.2 setting in this bios it jumps from 2.15 to 2.25. The northbridge is @ 1.45 right now, should I up that to 1.55 since my FSB is 1600? I have added a fan to the ram so its cool to the touch so should I make it 2.25v? It has restarted like 8 times in the past 30 minutes b/c I keep playing Source. HELP! :D

before you up the vdimm then what are the timings your are currently running? i would lossen them up one notch then @2.1v. you chipset voltage is fine no need to mess with it or what you had the cpu-v at before now.

Back