• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Watercooled PC in Car!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cwindsor

Delete Please reposted in watercooled section!! Watercooled PC in Car!

How about this on size...?

Mount the rad up front in the car. Get you a 110v to 12v converter. Wireless mouse and keyboard, LCD, TV out card to LCD...? And I already have a cell-phone that will let me hook it up to the PC via serial for on the road internet? Insead of the normal pumps get a fuel pump (12v) and run you 1/2 in lines to the trunk?

Thinking really hard on this one.... Trying to stop myself from doing it... I have a Small form factor PC and a verter 110v-12v,also have wirless keyboard and mouse and watercooling setup. All I need is to grab a pump and LCD!

Let me know on this one... I may build the first! IF you like crazy projects! Look at my overclocked MOWER!

http://autotrendzcustoms.com/mower.htm

thats yours?!?! i just saw this on the speed channel, right? Weld of the Week or something?

hehe... nice

that looks like more of a paint job than an overclock ;)....but nice job none the less.

that would be a challenge in a car. i think the biggest concern would be, what do you do when it gets hot outside? if the temp outside it 90F+, your water isnt going to be very cool. but that would be a pretty neat setup if it worked. good luck.

Mower and car.

YEA!! I am glad you seen the weld of the month clip!!! That is soooo cool!! Yea I had a crazy idea like this one on watercooling a pc in a car!

About the mower it is overclocked.... Stright pipe muffler, I shaved the head for higher compression... This will give you more HP so in a car or engine point of view is a overclock...???:mad:

:cool:

Re: Mower and car.

cwindsor said:
About the mower it is overclocked.... Stright pipe muffler, I shaved the head for higher compression... This will give you more HP so in a car or engine point of view is a overclock...???:mad:

oh, my bad. i didnt look at all the pics. nice job man. what do you do where you have the free time to do that to a mower, hehe. nice job. thats a heck of a paint job for something that gets pushed around a lawn, haha.

for the car, what if you used a peltier to help compensate for high external temps? so even if the temps outside were high, you could still have a good temp on the cpu. what would you do for a fan. when the car was moving, airflow would be great (obviously). but what if you get stuck in traffic? id say you could mount it right in front of the radiator, and use the cars fan, but im afraid it would transfer to much heat to the cpu rad if it was close to the cas rad. i suppose you could just wire a fan or two to a switch, and when you are at a stoplight, just turn the fans on. then turn them off when you start to drive again. just some thoughts. let us know what you come up with.

Back