• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

IE "jumping" from window to window???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Flow

Hmmm, maybe a trivial question for some of you, but I can't find the answer to this one:

How can I keep IE from changing focus to another window when for example loading is finished.

For example: When I open a link from window #1 in another window (window 2#), explorer will jump to this window #2 whenever it's loading is completed etc.... no matter what I'm doing in window #1. Extremely annoying :mad:

The strangest part is that I experience this as a problem only sice I've re-installed my OS (windows XP proffesional) a few days ago.

Any thoughts
Thx!

Unfortunately (IMO), that's a built-in "feature" of IE6...and as of yet I've been unable to find a way around this annoying "feature". :(

Last edited:
Well, you may be right.
But then again, I'm sure something affects the frequency of this "feature". As I said, I've always known this fenomenon, but recently it became a real problem on my PC.

Somebody pointed me at a function in TweakUI: under General > Focus there's an option to "prevent applications from stealing focus". But that doesn't seem to have any effect on IE.

Anyway, thanks for the reply!

Back