• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

tempermental k7s5a

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

godpickny_jm

Registered
Can anyont help ...my board will be working fine one minute then it stops...reboots and will not post...black screen...no power to the cdrom...fans spinning. It stay that way after many retries fo hours then the next day power on ...post and then boots fine.
I have the latest bios from ecs thinking that would solve the problem...no luck.
Whats wrong with this board? I wonder if its because I'm usung sdram?
Any ideas

64MB geforce2mx
sblive sound
1700+ volcano 9 max Temp = 50c

There have been many problems with this board...

Some say it is because of the SDRAM.. I have this board and still use SDRAM pc133 and it works fine..

I'm more inclined to say that it is the power supply. These boards seem to be really power hungry. Although you may run a 350 or 400watt PSU, your rails may not have enough current to run the board. Check in the cases and powersupply forum for some really informative info on PSU's.

Also, make sure that your ATX connector is properly seated and that the pins are making good contact.

Make sure your board is secured right. If it is grounding out on the case, that will cause random reboots. As the case heats up inside, the board will flex ever so slightly.. It could be shorting/gounding out.

Check your temps on the CPU. I don't remember if that board has temp warning on it or not. If it does (I don't think so, but yours may) make sure you aren't going above your top temp threshold.

Also, besure to check out the FAQ sticky. Good information in there too.

Hope I was a little help..

thanks dude I guess it could be the power supply...generic 300w...the only problem is the 3v rail which hovers around 3.1v.
I run MBM so i have no problems with temps
I'll check the faqs

i cant believe that any half-decent 300w+ psu would have problems. my board was stable as a rock with a 350w generic psu powering an [email protected] and a gf4 mx. and that had what would be concidered to be low rails.

Last edited:
Back