• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CD-Key recovery

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tekko

I've just been given an old P4 at work. I want to reinstall since the current installation is infested with virus and malware. I was given all the original CDs that came with it(OS, drivers, ect) but they tossed all the rest so I need to know if there is a way to get the CD-key off the current installation, I'm guessing it's an oem version but I can't guarantee...

tried everest home and it's telling me to get corporate version...I'll try sandra and the bean thing next.

Bingo on the bean...thanks...an other P2 400mhz saved from trash can...

Last edited:
I believe they discontinued the home everst free edition unless I am mistaking, but yeah I would stick to sandra.

TheProf said:
I believe they discontinued the home everst free edition unless I am mistaking, but yeah I would stick to sandra.

the original pac-man game has been discontinued for at least 20 years but I'm pretty sure you can still find it in under 10 min with a good search engine...everest home is not supported but can still be downloaded via third-party sites

pop "belarc advisor" into the browser of the machine in question if its still running and can intarface with the internets ( :p )

download the client and install, once you do this, run the program and it will have a long "rap sheet" on the computer, including any license keys installed and what programs used internally.

I've done this to salvage XP cd keys, office cd keys, and lots of other stuff thats handy to have later on a different machine.

~ Gos

Back