• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

im getting me a new amd cpu

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

james.miller

well, actually sombody is going to buy me one:D wont cost me a penny! hehe

anyway, the question is. what do i get? hes already offerend to get me a xp2400+ (around £150). but i dont know what stepping it will be.
so, do i
a) let him buy me the 2400+ and mabey get an ATI radeon 9500 next month
or
b) get a lesser chip and the radeon at the same time?

is it worth the chance of getting the 2400+ right now, and what are the worst steppings doing? remember im pretty limited (actually totally limited) as to what multipier i can use (i cant adjust the multi with a k7s5a) so the higher multi of the 2400+ is preferable. and, as im not actually paying anything for it, i dont mind taking the chance as long as i can get a respectalbe o/c out of it

i thought that the new tbred 2100's were getting extremely good results. there is an article on the front page like a week ago. check that out. also how are u so lucky to have ppl buying u expensive toys. lol

--jason

after the problems ive had over the last week, and the fact that ive fixed this guys pc no end of times, i think i deserve it lol

anyway with this mobo i have very limited options. also, the 2100+ t/bred's that i have seen have all been aiucb's which arnt so great. so in that respect, the 2400+ would be better for me (also allowing for a higher o/c when i get a new mobo)

i wont be able to aford the grpaihcs card this month, but when i get it, they should make one heck of team.

I think, since you don't have an Nforce2 board, it's a wise choice to get something with a high default multiplier. Go for the 2400.

yeah that was what i was thinking. dont the nfoce2 boards unlock all of the multi's? in which case if/when i get one, it would be a win/win situation:)

Why don't you have him buy you a new nforce mobo to go with that XP2100 tbred B. That would be a great combo.

The nForce2 unlocks all the mutlis and lets you raise the FSB as high as you want, so it's defenitely the mobo to buy, eventually.

I also have full multiplier control with my Kd7, I was running a 2400+ and had the multi's up to 17 and as low as 10 so I would say it has full access, also the board performs very well with the Kt400 chipset and is very reasonably priced.

mamer

Back