• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

smart fans

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

deeppow

I've got 4 smart fans, thermaltake 80mm. Good fans in terms of performance. But I've decided I can do without the smart part of them. As far as I'm concerned the problem is that smart fans aren't that smart and don't know what my case needs, they only sense temps where they are located. I've disabled the smart part of the fans and use them to provide air flow as I want it.

Am I missing something here? Or is this just another gemic to sell hardware. Guess I was dumb enough to fall for it.

deeppow said:
I've got 4 smart fans, thermaltake 80mm. Good fans in terms of performance. But I've decided I can do without the smart part of them. As far as I'm concerned the problem is that smart fans aren't that smart and don't know what my case needs, they only sense temps where they are located. I've disabled the smart part of the fans and use them to provide air flow as I want it.

Am I missing something here? Or is this just another gemic to sell hardware. Guess I was dumb enough to fall for it.

I bought one just to try it, but I see no point in spending that much money on case fans. If you can just find some good 30-40CFM fans for cheap they will do just fine. I got all of my case fans for 20bucks total including shipping(4 enermax adjustable modded to full speed, 92x92x25 56CFM Delta, 120x120x38 130CFM Delta) So thats 6 fans a total of 350CFM's for 20bucks. I cant see spending 10 bucks a fan for something that is going to do the same job.

Back