• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Samsung 305t Screen Problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

robbie211

I recently built a new rig with the following components
EVGA 780i
Q6600
4GB Corsair
2x9800GTX
1TB Seagate SATA
Samsung 305t
Windows Vista Ultimate 32
I have the SLI Bridge on the video cards and enabled the Sli in the nvidia control panel. However, the problem occurs after i get into Vista where the left side of the screen starts to fade and become dark. Right side of the screen is ok. Is there an option in the bios that i need to enable to Sli to run properly or do you think I have a bad monitor?

Under non sli it appears to do the same. It will be working fine as windows starts but after 30 sec the left side becomes darker. Doesn't this monitor need SLI to run properly?

Have you tried looking around in the monitors settings? I know there can be some weird half screen type settings.

There may also be a program that is changing the settings for the card, disable everything on start up ;)

I tried disabling all start up options but still no good. I put up a pic of what I see after windows starts.

Attachments

• IMG00265.jpg
    IMG00265.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 1,618
after further testing what I experience is the monitor works normally till i get to vista. After about 30 seconds into vista the left side begins to fade out(picture posted above). After about 15 minutes the left side becomes bright and the monitor seems to be normal. I swapped out video cards and this problem seems to always be present. I tried turning off all startup programs to see if those were causing it and it was a no go. I am running 175.16 drivers off nvidia's website. Any other suggestions before I contact samsung for support?

Can you try it on another computer? If it does it still, its the monitor.

i tried my old 20" dell monitor and everything appears to work fine. I also tried my friends 27" Viewsonic and it works fine. The issue is only with my 30", I was wondering if it had to do w/ the dual link dvi on the video card. Is there a way to check to make sure its enabled?

Back