• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mass Effect: Andromeda - launching 21 March 2017

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
This looks sooooooooooooooooooo freaking good :drool:

MASS EFFECT: ANDROMEDA | Combat Weapons & Skills |

MASS EFFECT: ANDROMEDA | Combat Profiles & Squads |

MASS EFFECT: ANDROMEDA | Exploration & Discovery |

MASS EFFECT: ANDROMEDA | Multiplayer |

It sure is getting hammered by reviewers....I may wait on this now. One of my favorite franchises...i think I'll play ME2 for the 6th time.

It sure is getting hammered by reviewers....I may wait on this now. One of my favorite franchises...i think I'll play ME2 for the 6th time.
2 was actually my least favorite. 1 was without a doubt the best. I know it's not the norm, but I really got into 3. Opened with a hit to the feels, and kept me emotionally pumped to stop the reapers. I really didn't hate the ending either, cause there was no good way to end Shepherd's story. But that's just my opinion. None of em we're bad.

I played through all 8 endings (you can tell how much I liked the series) and the Renegade still seems to be the most logical one, destruction of the reapers. Loved the 1st one for the D20 feel (like SW KotoR), 2nd was ok, but the 3rd is the one where you really tie all the loose ends and story, especially if you have all DLC's, go (almost) full paragon and save everyone (*hint hint* Renegade ending). Would have liked to see a little more closure on the party members after though.

With Andromeda one thing I didn't like straight away (and the only one so far) was the damned lip movement on conversations. Seems much better in ME1/2/3.

The animation is so messed up in this game as is the voice acting. We had better facial animation 15 years ago.

Definitely giving a hard pass until it gets much cheaper.

Maybe it was rushed and hopefully it will be fixed by launch ? the emphasis since i heard about it was "smooth 60fps at 1080p" which they seem to have hit well enough if minimum requirements are FX-6350 and a GTX 660. On the other hand technically you can get the same with ME3 modded with 4K textures and 4xMSAA+4xSGSSAA (basically played at 4K with anti-aliasing) and it's running DX9. Still think they should have done a remake of the 1st 3 instead, but time will tell.

I doubt animation and issues like that will be fixed. It isn't really a 'bug' per-say, just looks bad imo.

Manveer Heir, a key developer of the game. Politics (specific viewpoints) being verboten here I'll let those interested look him up. That doesn't mean I'm going to be a putz to people who play it. Free country and all that. And I agree with that philosophy. Everybody is entitled to do as they please, especially choosing games. LOL

Ok so I have about 7 hours into the game now and I definitely am going to need a better gpu. This is just hammering my gtx960.

So far the complaints from the reviewers about lip movement and other issues really are not bothering me as I am to immersed in the story to pay that much attention.

So far the combat system is a little odd but I have played the rest of the series on a console so this is taking some getting used to.

I am still undecided on the handling of weapons and armor in this game as the ui for equipping them is a little cumbersome and heck I have yet to figure out how to modify the squads loadout.

One change I do like us that the skill tree is now completely open and you can choose to develop your characters skills at your choosing instead of being bound to a specific class. What I am undecided on yet is how the skill tree branches for each ability and forces you to choose one path over another.

Well that is enough of my rambling about the game so far. On a side note has anyone seen any good bundle deals on a copy of this and a new gpu?

Manveer Heir, a key developer of the game. Politics (specific viewpoints) being verboten here I'll let those interested look him up. That doesn't mean I'm going to be a putz to people who play it. Free country and all that. And I agree with that philosophy. Everybody is entitled to do as they please, especially choosing games. LOL

I looked him up and I agree his view points seem a little off kilter. With that being said I still fully intend to purchase the game.

Last edited:
Face animation is hard to fix when you decide to develop your game on an engine where facial animation, let alone general player animation, isn't a prime feature. There's a reason Frostbite is used in fast-paced games with hardly any story - it avoids focusing on the player animation. Also decided as of this year I'm not buying any more Windows-only titles, so it may be an infinite while until I get to play this one :(

Last edited:
Face animation is hard to fix when you decide to develop your game on an engine where facial animation, let alone general player animation, isn't a prime feature. There's a reason Frostbite is used in fast-paced games with hardly any story - it avoids focusing on the player animation. Also decided as of this year I'm not buying any more Windows-only titles, so it may be an infinite while until I get to play this one :(
Deus ex human revolution is on Linux :)

I was floored when I saw that.

Deus ex human revolution is on Linux :)

I was floored when I saw that.

It is not. MD is, but HR is Windows and OS X. Slightly off topic, but I did have it for a few hours and ended up getting a refund because performance was so bad even in Windows.

Last edited:
Back