• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is my SSD Shutting Down/Sleeping?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jrank001

Guys I just installed an SSD with WIN 7 64 bit. Everything seems fine. Except my Logitech G7 mouse.

I think my ssd is sleeping/shutting down when not in use. I know when my mechanical drive does this because you can hear them rev up.

My question is where do I go to make sure it’s on at all times? I’ve done this before but forgot how.

My mouse is not charging correcting in the MOBO usb port. Is it related to the SSD sleeping/shutting down?

You can set the HDDs not to sleep in the Control Panel > Power Options. I'm not sure why the mouse wouldn't be charging though. You may want to check the BIOS for any USB power options.

Last edited:
Make sure "USB Sleep" isn't enabled either. It's in the same area as hard drive sleep. Usually that doesn't affect anything though, so i'm not entirely sure what would cause it. Check BIOS for sure.

Make sure "USB Sleep" isn't enabled either. It's in the same area as hard drive sleep. Usually that doesn't affect anything though, so i'm not entirely sure what would cause it. Check BIOS for sure.

Do I want it disabled or enabled in power options? I also checked my BIOS. Not sure what I was looking for but didn’t see anything for USB that was not enabled.

Back